Red Wolf Mediation & ADR Services was founded in 2012, it is the only Indigenous owned and operated Mediation Firm in Ontario. The President and CEO is David Noganosh. He is a Mediator, Negotiator and Trainer from the Anishinabek Nation, Wolfclan. He has been involved in Local, Regional and National politics for 20 years in various capacities and have recently been consulting with stakeholders across the country in advancing the Treaty Rights and Land Claims of First Nations.
WHAT IS FIRST NATION
MEDIATION AND NEGOTIATION?
This 4 day workshop will explore mediation and negotiation through the lens of culturally relevant First Nation practices alongside proven alternative dispute resolution techniques.
The workshop is designed for people who deal with disputes, negotiate or are required to resolve conflict either in or outside of First Nation Communities.
Organizational leaders, department managers, human resource professionals, government officials, consultants, union and management representatives, as well as professionals in the education, legal, healthcare and accounting sectors will find this workshop very beneficial.
The workshop uses a blend of proven ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) principles and First Nation indigenous approaches to ensure a culturally relevant dispute resolution process.
- Various exercises that demonstrate the dynamics of intense conflict situations and de-escalation, which this training is designed to assist participants manage better
- Utilizing a mixture of lectures, role plays and experiential learning to actively develop and enhance the mediation skills of participants
- Understanding Indigenous approaches to conflict, the root causes and ways forward
- Confronting skills and techniques
- A series of intensive, professional development role plays
- Experienced Mediators will coach the small groups to maximize learning
- Take away materials and training manual
- Follow up Conflict Coaching for six months
Download Registration Form