National Water Symposium and Trade Show
Assembly of First Nations
National Water Symposium and Trade Show:
Reconciliation through Sustainable Water Management
February 6-8, 2018
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
900 W. Georgia Street
Vancouver, British Columbia
Who Should Attend?
- First Nations leadership from across Canada;
- Water technicians, Public Works department staff, other infrastructure technicians from First Nation communities; and,
- Consultants, government officials and non-governmental entities with an interest in First Nation water issues.
Access to safe water and proper sanitation is a human right. Most importantly it is our inherent right to the use and protection of our waters and lands.
The protection of water and all living beings that depend on it is the sacred responsibility entrusted to us by the Creator. First Nations have called for the repeal of the Safe Drinking Water for First Nations Act and the Assembly of First Nations now has the opportunity to facilitate discussion with First Nations in conceptualizing, elaborating, designing and implementing a re-envisioned engagement process for the review of the current Act. This Symposium will be the beginning of that dialogue and will seek input on how that should be accomplished.
Featuring keynote address by:
Dr. David Suzuki
World renowned scientist, broadcaster, author, activist and co-founder of the David Suzuki Foundation.
The Symposium will also feature a Trade Show with exhibitors showcasing information, products and services with innovative approaches in First Nations water and infrastructure services from associations, government partners, businesses and others.
Please stop by the booths and have your Passport to Prizes by the Exhibitor signed off and maybe you will win a great prize!
The Assembly of First Nations’ National Water Symposium and Trade Show will provide delegates an opportunity to hear from others who are engaged in work related to sustainable water management, innovative technologies and new training methods, climate change adaptation, and from others that are leading their own approaches to care and control of water and wastewater. There will be a keynote address from Dr. David Suzuki, panel presentations and interactive and interesting workshops where participants can both learn and share their own experiences.
The Symposium topics will include:
AVOID THE REGISTRATION LINE UP!
- Repeal of the Safe Drinking Water for First Nations Act and what it means for First Nations;
- Addressing water quality issues and drinking water advisories;
- Climate change impacts on water quality and quantity;
- Health aspects of water and quality of life;
- Solid waste, water and wastewater treatment innovative technology;
- Sustainable Water Management; and,
- New approaches to training.
Register and check in for the Symposium at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, 900 W. Georgia Street, Vancouver, on Monday, February 5, 2018, between 4:00 PM and 8:00 PM to be eligible for a great prize.
For more information, download PDF