Safari Entertainment o/a Jungle Jim’s in Labrador City, NL is currently looking to hire 8 full-time cooks!!
If you like working with people, enjoy creating delicious meals and want to work in a fast-paced environment, you will love working here.
- Responsible for the assembly, cooking, plating and garnishing of all food products (full meals and individual dishes)
- Prepare and cook full course meals, individual dishes and foods
- Oversee kitchen operations, inspect kitchens and food service areas
- Ensure checklists and cleaning schedules are followed during shift
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Keep record of food used and create order for required items
- Work with specialized cooking equipment (ex. deep fryer etc.)
- Ensure quality of food, determine size of food portions
- Rotate inventory, ensure food is properly dates and stored and keep record of expiry dates
- Assist in training and supervising kitchen helpers
- Follow health and safety guidelines
Cooperation, communication and teamwork are essential for a successful cook.
Education and Experience: Completion of High school and 1 year to less than 2 years
Completion of a Hospitality/Cooking diploma
Terms of employment: full-time, 32-35 hours a week
Wage: $12.20 per hour
How to Apply:
By mail to
500 Vanier Ave
Labrador City, NL
Jungle Jim’s is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from women, persons with a disability, aboriginal peoples, members of a visible minority and more.