Atlas Granite Inc. is one of the largest importers and fabricators of natural/engineered stone in Western Canada!
Sophisticated robotics and automation coupled with old-world attention to detail, Western Canadian award-winning craftsmanship & thousands of slabs to choose from is what sets Atlas Granite Inc. apart.
Atlas Granite Inc. is currently looking for Accounting Technician (1 vacancy) to join our team at 14225 Yellowhead Trail, Edmonton, Alberta T5L 3C4. This is a full time permanent position with the start date of as soon as possible.
• 35 hours/week.
- Prepare chart of account to perform full cycle bookkeeping for multiple companies usingSage 50 (Simply accounting);
- Prepare, and review financial statements; collect, analyze, balance, maintain and investigate account information to help maximize the accuracy of the reported numbers
- Maintain the general ledger and prepare account reconciliations
- Post journal entries to record financial transactions and complete the posting process
- Organize all journal entries, perform analysis on account records and conciliate all statements for month ending
- Prepare a trial balance; identify any errors and post adjusting entries
- Calculate, and record GST payable and prepare GST return
- Prepare GST and payroll deduction cheques, and send them to Receiver General before due date
- Maintain historical financial record by filling and organizing documents
- Other related duties with the scope and responsibilities of the job, as requested by management.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Ability to speak English;
• A university degree or a college diploma;
• 1 year to less than 2 years
- Knowledge of MS Excel; MS Windows; MS Word; Electronic scheduler; Database software; Quick Books; MS Outlook
- Successful candidate must possess effective interpersonal skills, excellent oral communication skills, be initiative, organized, client focus, flexible, team player, attentive to detail and be able tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.If this sounds like the perfect fit for you, then send your resume by email Careers@atlasgranite.caor by mail at 14225 Yellowhead Trail, Edmonton, Alberta T5L 3C4.