Reporting directly to the Client Relations Manager, the Administrative Assistant, National Services will serve as a support resource to CESO’s National Program team. In addition to performing general administrative duties, the Administrative Assistant must enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven and results-oriented. Key responsibilities will include preparing correspondence, reports, presentations, agendas, event briefings, research, transcribing minutes and managing schedules. Additionally, the Administrative Assistant must have the ability to set goals and prioritize, exercise good judgment, work under pressure, make sound decisions, handle confidential matters with discretion, and communicate effectively. This position is a one-year contract and based in Toronto
NATIONAL TEAM SUPPORT
- Manages an extremely active calendar (i.e. appointments, meetings, public events and speaking engagements) ensuring it is up-to-date
- Arranges detailed travel itineraries, prepares agendas, and organizes support documentation for conferences and events
- Answers phones, general emails/mail and responds accordingly
- Drafts specialized correspondence, reports, presentations, agendas, etc.
- Researches and provides detailed briefing documents for the National Program related to internal / external meetings, public events and speaking engagements
- Performs other administrative duties related to special projects
- Support National program recruitment
- Engages in supporting National program project cycle when required
NATIONAL TEAM LIAISON
- Collaborates with National Team and other teams
- Participates as a member of the National Program team including assisting in scheduling, attending and taking / distributing minutes of the meetings
- Assists in coordinating the agenda for team meetings
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Successful completion of a post-secondary education and/or 2-3 years relevant work experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, Board members, external partners and potential donors
- Friendly and confident phone manner
- Ability to work independently, take direction and follow instructions
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to work effectively under pressure with tight deadlines
- Project Management skills an asset
- Able to exercise discretion in dealing with sensitive or confidential matters
- Strong attention to detail and aptitude for working with different computer programs and researching data
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of International Development and/or volunteer cooperation programs
- Knowledge of Aboriginal development organizations, agencies and commissions
- Experience in a non-profit organization is an asset
JOB TYPE: 1 year contract position
COMPANY NAME: CESO (Canadian Executive Service Organization)
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: At CESO (Canadian Executive Service Organization), we work on developing sustainable solutions to reduce poverty and foster strong economic growth in Canada and globally. Our volunteers have real impacts where we work, driving both economic and social change, working with clients and partners to create a strong private sector and an environment for communities to thrive.
We partner with communities and organizations from the Americas, Asia and Africa, as well as collaborate with Indigenous communities across Canada. We are a team of committed volunteers and staff who believe deeply in the power of partnership to foster economic health and stability, and to transform lives.
COMPANY WEBSITE: www.ceso-saco.com
LOCATION OF POSITION: Toronto
Please forward your resume and cover letter with Administrative Assistant, National Services
in the subject line to:
Jennifer Rovet, Recruitment Manager
CLOSING DATE: Friday March 31, 2017
The successful candidate must be registered and working with an employment counsellor at Miziwe Biik Aboriginal Employment & Training, Toronto.
This position is subject to government funding.
For more information, contact:
MIZIWE BIIK, Aboriginal Employment and Training
167 Gerrard Street East
Toronto ON M5A 2E4
Tel: (416) 591-2310 Fax: (416) 591-3602
Toll Free: 1 877 980 6961
CESO is an equal opportunity employer.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.