Classification: Administrative Assistant 2
Full-Time Term Position
A.S.A.P. to September 1, 2017
Flin Flon, Manitoba
University College of the North (UCN) is committed to building a workforce that is representative of the populations we serve. Applications are invited from individuals who have a demonstrated interest and ability to work with Aboriginal learners and Northern Communities.
The Position: Northern Manitoba Mining Academy requires an individual to work in an Administrative Assistant position providing clerical support to and assisting in the day-to-day activities of the mining academy. The individual may be the first point of contact for many clients and will ensure they are looked after effectively. Administrative services will also be provided to the Flin Flon Regional Center as required.
- Administrative Assistant Diploma and recognized computer training, or a combination of similar education and training.
- Several years of experience working in an office environment Effective use of information technology.
- Excellent customer service skills Effective interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills Effective organizational skills.
- Excellent thinking and problem solving skills.
- Experience with social media (Facebook and Twitter) Demonstrated initiative.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must be dependable.
- Ability to multitask and to meet deadlines in a busy office environment.
- Personal experience and/or knowledge and understanding of the Aboriginal culture.
- The ability to speak an Aboriginal language
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada
Representative Workforce (formerly employment equity) is a factor in the selection process. Preference will be given to Aboriginal candidates. Applicants are invited to indicate in their covering letter or résumé if they are from any of the following groups: Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, or women and men in non-traditional roles. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Competition Number: 17-028
Closing Date: May 29, 2017
Salary Range: $19.80 to $22.32 hourly, plus remoteness allowance
Apply to: University College of the North, Attention: Human Resources
P.O. Box 3000
The Pas MB R9A 1M7
Fax: (204) 623-4414
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred format)
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Legislation (Manitoba).
For more information and other employment opportunities, visit www.ucn.ca.