Administrative Assistant, Special Projects, Centre for Sustainable Food Systems
Geography and Environmental Studies
Job Type :
Part-time, Limited Term
Reports To :
Position Summary :
At Laurier, we are a community. It’s what brings our students here and what keeps our people here.
As an educational institution, we inspire lives of leadership and purpose in our student community. As an employer, we seek, foster and value the same qualities of leadership and purpose in our employee community.
We currently have an opportunity to join the Laurier community as an Administrative Assistant, Special Projects, Centre for Sustainable Food Systems.
The Administrative Assistant, Special Projects will provide research project and administrative support for the work undertaken through the research grants of Principal Investigator (PI), Dr. Alison Blay-Palmer. The candidate will be expected to work independently on tasks including, but not limited to: research project administrative support across multiple research projects.
The role will be to support the Project Co-ordinator, Centre for Sustainable Food System in that role as well as the PI. This role requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently. This position is based at the Centre for Sustainable Food Systems at the Balsillie School for International Affairs.
• Assist in tracking the progress of ongoing research activities;
• Collect and organize data for annual reports and other data gathering initiatives;
• Participate in and prepare and circulate minutes for regular meetings across research projects;
• Provide administrative support related to planning large scale workshops and public events;
• Maintain monthly log of hours worked and tasks completed;
• Other administrative duties as required.
• Assist the Project Co-ordinator in the preparation and tracking of Project expenses and reports;
Project Website and Social Media
• Assist with knowledge mobilization efforts for FLEdGE and URBAL under the guidance of the CSFS Project Co-ordinator;
• Assist in the implementation of social media strategies to meet the knowledge mobilization goals of the research projects, including publishing content for the website/blog and twitter accounts
• Assist with website maintenance, webinars, and the development of online tools
• Minimum Undergraduate Degree in a related field; Minimum 2 years of demonstrated relevant experience;
• Strong writing and oral communication skills;
• Strong organizational and time management skills;
• Experience preparing expense reports;
• Works will in a team environment and independently;
• Passionate about local sustainable food;
• Easily able to adapt to change and competing priorities.
Grade : EX-CGrade : EX-C
Salary : $22.55 – $28.19Salary
Notes : This is a part-time, limited term position from January 2018 – January 2019, approximately 10 hours per week.
Please Note : Please submit a cover letter and resume.
Wilfrid Laurier University endeavors to fill positions with qualified candidates who have a combination of education, experience, skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the position while demonstrating Laurier’s Employee Success Factors.
Diversity and creating a culture of inclusion is a key pillar of Wilfrid Laurier University’s Strategic Academic Plan and is one of Laurier’s core values. Laurier is committed to increasing the diversity of faculty and staff and welcomes applications from candidates who identify as Indigenous, racialized, having disabilities, and from persons of any sexual identities and gender identities. Indigenous candidates who would like to learn more about equity and inclusive programing at Laurier are welcomed to contact the Office of Indigenous Initiatives at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates from other equity seeking groups who would like to learn more about equity and inclusive programing at Laurier are welcomed to contact the Diversity and Equity Office at email@example.com. We have strived to make our application process accessible however if you require any assistance applying for a position or would like this job posting in an alternative format, please contact Human Resources at 519-884-1970 ext.2007 or firstname.lastname@example.org.