Toronto is Canada’s largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistency ranked one of the world’s most livable cities, we are a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture.
Join the City of Toronto Project Management Office Support team in this opportunity to apply your leadership and technical expertise as an Administrative Supervisor Facilities (Supervisor, PMO Support).
- Implements detailed plans and recommends policies/procedures regarding program specific requirements.
- Supervises day to day operations of all assigned staff including scheduling, review of work, monitors and evaluates staff performance, hears grievances and recommends disciplinary action, when necessary within the Project Management Office (PMO).
- Supervises, motivates and trains assigned staff, ensuring effective teamwork, high standards of work quality and organizational performance, continuous learning and encourages innovation in others.
- Provides input into and administers assigned budget, ensuring that expenditures are controlled and maintained within approved budget limitations.
- Coordinates and oversees the deployment of Project Management Tools and Technologies (e.g. Project Tracking Portal, Project Wise, Capital Planning applications) for the PMO Office.
- Brings together various capabilities into a single team by coordinating with Quality Process Improvement Liaisons, providing guidance on corporate functions.
- Provides expertise and advice in the areas of planning, developing, implementing and evaluating technology training programs that address operational and client needs as well as leading training projects and initiatives, building effective staff teams and developing partnerships.
- Implements detailed plans and recommends policies and procedures regarding program specific requirements.
- Develops, tests, implements and evaluates administrative procedures to ensure the effective, efficient and consistent administrative service delivery and system support. Ensures that operating policies and procedures are updated on a regular schedule.
- Implements annual reviews to confirm quality of administrative practices and compliance with Divisional and Corporate policies, as well as participating in and coordinating activities relevant to audit processes.
- Oversees forms development, information management and retention.
- Ensures Unit compliance and improves competency for records management, records retention, filing procedures, purchasing, emergency measures and Freedom of Information requests through supervision of staff and procedures.
- Oversees development of tracking systems coupled with consistent follow up to supply consistent service. Attends related meetings and task group discussions where required.
- Identifies emerging issues, service priorities and makes recommendations of strategies within the scope of the administrative sectors of the Unit and Division.
- Manages assigned administrative projects from inception to completion; develops project scope, timelines and cost, resources and risk management.
- Provides support to the Manager, PMO Support and Director of PMO and serves as a member of the Unit’s management team. Coordinates staff resourcing within the unit to ensure operations and programs run efficiently.
- Maintains relationships with internal and external stakeholders, such as established external suppliers.
- Represents the Division/Department on cross-departmental and corporate initiatives relative to administrative matters, as required.
Your application for the role of Administrative Supervisor Facilities (Supervisor, PMO Support) should describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Post-secondary education in a discipline pertinent to the job function or the equivalent combination of education and/or related experience.
- Considerable experience supervising and/or leading, training, motivating, coaching and developing individuals and teams in a unionized, service oriented environment, as well as appraising work outcomes and quality accurately and fairly as input to the manager.
- Experience leading projects and change management initiatives, including planning, developing, implementing and evaluating technology training programs that address operational and client needs.
- Experience successfully overseeing the resolution of technical training problems for business users and working under high service demands and time constraints.
- Experience establishing relationships, effective communication lines and negotiating with established external suppliers and organizations.
- Ability to apply effective supervisory skills through addressing labour relations matters, performance management, planning, coordinating, problem-solving, making decisions and resolving conflicts professionally and sensitively.
- Strong customer service orientation coupled with attention to detail and a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders, employees, client divisions and outside agencies.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to listen and present/facilitate (e.g. to technical trainers and business users), as well as compose written documents appropriate for clients, stakeholders and staff at all organizational levels.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment, as well as work independently as required to exercise judgement and discretion in dealing with confidential matters.
- Demonstrated administration, time management and organization skills, including developing and handling work schedules and project schedules with the ability to perform under pressure and adapt to a changing environment.
- Proficiency in the use of computers and corporate computer software applications (MS Office, Visio, Access, MS Project, Project Management Tool), and familiarity with systems technology and user requirements.
- Working knowledge of the Human Rights Code, Occupational Health & Safety Act and Regulations, collective agreements and related Labour Legislation.
- Ability to travel across various office locations within the City of Toronto, as required.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.