Administrative Officer R14
This competition will be used to fill Project Administrator roles within the various branches of Real Property Division. Multiple positions are available within this competition.
An eligibility list may be established.
Provide project administration support services for complex projects in this career building role
The Real Property division (RPD) provides everything needed to design, set up and manage a government workplace. We are also responsible for the Province’s real estate portfolio (excluding schools, post-secondary and hospitals) office space inventory, furniture procurement, project and construction management, and real estate services for special-purpose facilities (such as courthouses, laboratories and correctional facilities). Our client base includes ministries (mandated) as well as voluntary customers (broader public sector).
RPD is authorized and mandated under the Public Agency Accommodations Act to provide a broad suite of real estate services to public agencies. RPD is responsible for carrying out this mandate on behalf of the Ministry of Citizens’ Services. We serve the needs of over 26,000 public servants in the British Columbia Public Service and many more in the broader public sector. Our real estate portfolio has almost 14 million square feet of space, comprised of 7.7 million in approximately 480 owned buildings and 6.3 million in 570 leased buildings.
The division also oversees the sale of surplus properties on behalf of Government.
The Project Administrator provides technical project management coordination for projects throughout the project management life-cycle (i.e. initiation, planning, execution, control and close-out). The Project Administrator is also an assigned representative on project teams, and is responsible for the various day-to-day operational needs of the project. Highly organized, you capably prioritize and manage your workload to meet deadlines, using your outstanding eye for detail to ensure all work is carried out to a high standard. You are an effective communicator, able to successfully establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, and demonstrate initiative and good judgment in applying procedures within established policies and guidelines.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Ryan.Lush@gov.bc.ca DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca , before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent with the completion of course work in any of the relevant disciplines. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered. Relevant disciplines may include:
- Project management and/or administration
- Real Estate (Sales, Property or Portfolio Management, Development, Appraisal etc.)
- Public administration
- Contract Administration
- Business administration
- Office administration
- Financial management or administration, accounting or equivalent
- Experience working with and maintaining databases and filing systems, including data entry, running reports, analyzing data, conducting queries and producing financial documents. Preference may be given to applicants with 2 or more years of this experience.
- Experience handling multiple priorities concurrently in a busy office environment. Preference may be given to applicants with 1 or more years of this experience.
- Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word, Excel, SharePoint, PowerPoint, Outlook, Google Docs), Internet Explorer, Adobe Acrobat, and other standard computer applications
- Preference may be given to applicants with one (1) or more year(s) procurement and contract administration.
- Preference may be given to applicants with real estate experience.
- Preference may be given to applicants with one (1) or more year(s) financial management experience.
- Preference may be given to applicants with AutoCAD experience.
- Preference may be given to applicants with experience providing project management support services using project management software.
- Preference may be given to applicants with experience in information management and electronic document management systems Open Text Content Server.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Online Questionnaire: YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.