Business Administration Officer
Administrative Officer R18
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary vacancies.
Make a difference in this rewarding career opportunity
The Business Administration Officer supports multiple lines of business, potentially in multiple locations, and provides a program management / program lead role. This position supervises and leads administrative support for Regional programs including Water Authorizations, Lands, Fish & Wildlife, Ecosystems, Water Protection, among others, as well as Records Management, Contract Administration, and Correspondence.
Located on Vancouver Island, Nanaimo has parks such as Neck Point, Piper’s Lagoon and Sealand Park, perfect for camping, hiking and exploring. Mt. Washington, the island’s most popular ski hill, has year-round activities such as hiking, mountain biking, snowshoeing and skiing.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Randy.Husband@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- A degree or diploma in business administration, financial management or public administration OR an equivalent combination of related training and experience
- Experience in program management such as performance or budget management, administrative services, and facilities and technical services planning
- Experience in financial management
- Experience working productively and cooperatively with internal and external clients
- Experience supervising more than 2 staff including developing and evaluating performance goals; coaching, team-building, and mentoring
Preference may be given to candidates with:
- Several years experience (typically 3-4 years) in a senior administrative position in program management such as performance or budget management, administrative services, and facilities and technical services planning
- Several years’ experience (typically equivalent to a minimum of 3 years) supervising more than 2 staff including developing and evaluating performance goals; coaching, team-building, and mentoring
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.