Digital Marketing Specialist, Cannabis Operations
Administrative Officer R18
Regular, Full-Time – Vancouver
Applications will continue to be accepted on an ongoing basis until a closing date is determined. The closing date will be published with 5 days notice.
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of the largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol in Canada, generating a net income of approximately $1.08 billion on annual sales of approximately $3.3 billion in fiscal 2016/17. LDB has a workforce of approximately 4,000 full and part-time employees, operates 197 retail stores across the province, oversees the operations of approximately 220 Rural Agency Stores and has the role of wholesaler to approximately 700 private liquor retail outlets and 10,000 licensed establishments.
The LDB is a unique government entity that operates with similar independence to a Crown Corporation under the direction of a General Manager and CEO.
In February 2018, the LDB was assigned to distribute, wholesale and sell non-medicinal cannabis inclusive of a government owned online channel with a mandate to support government’s key priorities of protecting children and youth, ensuring health and safety standards, and keeping the criminal element out of the supply chain.
Reporting to the Digital Marketing Manager, the Digital Marketing Specialist leads marketing campaigns and content efforts for the B2B channel. The Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for executing inbound marketing strategies and driving quality digital content and initiatives specifically catering to the success of our B2B customers. This includes maintaining LDB Cannabis Operations brand standards, managing B2B website content, creating weekly and monthly email campaigns and supporting the content calendar for social media. This position will also provide analytics, reporting and insights from campaigns. In addition, this position will build strong partnerships with our B2B customers, vendors and suppliers. Day-to-day teamwork will involve working alongside internal e-commerce analysts, digital marketing specialist B2C and the wholesale team. The Specialist contributes to any in-store B2B content.
In addition, the Digital Marketing Specialist utilizes data to create a more engaging customer experience. The position understands CRM methodologies and understands segmentation, personalization and the use of data to better identify, recognize, connect and engage customers. This position is an expert in email marketing, social media, content marketing and building relationships with internal and external stakeholders. The Specialist works on lifting the LTV of LDB customers while working and contributing to the larger e-commerce team goals and objectives.
An eligibility list for permanent or temporary future opportunities may be established. A criminal record check is required.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications, and competencies. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Jasdeep Dhaliwal, HR Advisor by phone at 604 252-7452. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Visit Careers at: www.bcldb.com
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of web, digital marketing and CRM experience.
- Experience with online analytical tools and reporting.
- Experience with developing and executing email marketing campaigns for B2B segment
- Experience developing a social media content strategy for B2B segment
A combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- Cannabis Act rules and regulations as it relates to the marketing and promotion of recreational cannabis
- Email marketing systems
- B2B content marketing
- SEO and SEM.
- Google Adwords.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer programs including Excel, Word and Outlook.
Skills and Abilities
- Self-starter that can work independently as well as part of a team.
- Strong time management and organizational skills to manage concurrent activities and meet timelines.
- Excellent problem solving skills along with excellent attention to details.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate information effectively.
- Able to think both strategically and creatively to affect solid business results.
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking and analysis/problem solving skills to make appropriate business recommendations.