Administrative Officer R18
An eligibility list may be established.
A unique opportunity to apply your financial expertise in this exciting role
Real Property Division (RPD) is within the Ministry of Citizens’ Services. RPD provides accommodation and real estate services to government ministries and broader public sector (BPS) customers and clients. This includes the following responsibilities:
- To provide cost-effective real estate and accommodation services to the public sector (a shared service provider function);
- To service our clients by working with them to develop an understanding of their needs and determine what are their best value accommodation solutions; and,
- To provide responsible stewardship of the portfolio of owned and leased properties entrusted to its management.
RPD manages, on behalf of the Province, a diverse real estate portfolio of leased and governmental owned properties that extend throughout the province. At March 31, 2018 the portfolio included 16.5 million square feet of space. It includes a wide variety of types of properties/facilities, ranging from the Vancouver Law Courts and Robson Square Complex to heritage buildings dating from the 1860s and includes; office buildings, residential institutions, court houses, correctional centres and other types of special purpose facilities (e.g. forestry complexes, ambulance stations, health units, highways facilities).
As a Lease Analyst, you will conducts audits/reviews and financial analysis of landlord operating costs and property tax reconciliations to ensure correct payments to landlords; review and approve new and renewal lease projects to ensure that the lease is internally consistent with Ministry policy; manage and maintain the integrity of lease information in our integrated system (@REAL)’ and act as the primary resource for Leasing Assistants, Lease Managers, other units within the Ministry, WSI, Landlords, Customers and others for leasing and procedural issues, problems resolution, rent reconciliations, lease interpretation and landlord payments. If you are a meticulous individual with confidence in your leadership abilities, we look forward to your application.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace. The BC Public Service is an inclusive and accessible employer. Please advise the hiring manager if any accommodations are required to assist you to ensure equitable participation.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Tricia.Gestwa@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Four years of relevant post-secondary education and/or enrollment in a relevant credited program along with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the commercial property management and commercial real estate industry
- Experience creating and working with legal documents in a commercial real estate environment.
- Experience dealing with the provincial land titles system, covenants, leases and tenancies.
- Experience in contract management.
- Experience developing and analyzing financial and accounting statements, including reconciliation. Preference may be given to applicants with 3 or more years’ of account reconciliations and analyzing financial statements experience.
- Preference may be given to applicants with contract negotiation experience.
- Preference may be given to applicants with experience referencing, interpreting and applying legislative and/or regulatory documentation as it pertains to commercial real estate.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume required: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Online Questionnaire: YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.