Quality Assurance Analyst, Cannabis Operations
Administrative Officer R18
Regular, Full-Time – Richmond
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of the largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol in Canada, generating a net income of approximately $1.08 billion on annual sales of approximately $3.3 billion in fiscal 2016/17. LDB has a workforce of approximately 4,000 full and part-time employees, operates 197 retail stores across the province, oversees the operations of approximately 220 Rural Agency Stores and has the role of wholesaler to approximately 700 private liquor retail outlets and 10,000 licensed establishments.
The LDB is a unique government entity that operates with similar independence to a Crown Corporation under the direction of a General Manager and CEO.
In February 2018, the LDB was assigned to distribute, wholesale and sell non-medicinal cannabis inclusive of a government owned online channel with a mandate to support government’s key priorities of protecting children and youth, ensuring health and safety standards, and keeping the criminal element out of the supply chain.
The Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst is responsible for reviewing and auditing contact (email, telephone, etc.) interactions along with reviewing and investigating customer survey responses for the Contact Centre. The Analyst will also be responsible for facilitating calibration/group sessions regarding the quality program.
The Analyst is responsible for identifying areas of service improvements and developing programs that improve the overall quality of the customer’s experience when interacting with the Contact Centre.
The QA Analyst requires the ability to work in a constructive, non-biased and collaborative manner by establishing positive working relationships, partnering with the CC team members other resources. This position requires the ability to gain the confidence and trust of others by demonstrating professionalism and expertise in an ever changing environment.
An eligibility list for permanent or temporary future opportunities may be established. A criminal record check is required.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications, and competencies. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Jasdeep Dhaliwal, HR Advisor by phone at 604 252-7452. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca , before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Visit Careers at: www.bcldb.com
The person in this role must demonstrate a passion for transferring the knowledge of, cannabis products. This role requires an individual who has excellent communication skills, is energetic, has a willingness to learn, train others and achieve results which includes the following skills and abilities:
A standard test and interview format will be used including general, scenario and behavioral descriptive interview questions.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of three years recent*, related experience in a customer service operation (i.e. Call Centre, Front Line Customer Service, Quality Assurance, etc.).
- Post secondary education or related education including formal quality assurance training and dispute resolution training.
- Proven experience with coaching and development for performance improvement.
- Basic cannabis knowledge
* Recent is defined as occurring within the last five years.
A combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- Working knowledge of CRM systems.
- Working knowledge of QA methods and processes.
- Working knowledge of QA tools.
- Working knowledge of computer programs including Excel, Word and Outlook.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills along with excellent attention to details.
- Demonstrated abilities in oral and written communication.
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to apply and interpret policies/practices.
- Ability to resolve day to day client concerns while meeting or exceeding expectations and maintaining a high level of customer service.