Administrative Officer R21
Regular, Full-Time – Burnaby
R21/$58,629.96 – $66,726.25 per annum
This competition will be open until filled. A closing date will be published with five (5) days notice.
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of the largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol in Canada, generating a net income of approximately $1.08 billion on annual sales of approximately $3.3 billion in fiscal 2016/17. LDB has a workforce of approximately 4,000 full and part-time employees, operates 197 retail stores across the province, oversees the operations of approximately 220 Rural Agency Stores and has the role of wholesaler to approximately 700 private liquor retail outlets and 10,000 licensed establishments.
The LDB is a unique government entity that operates with similar independence to a Crown Corporation under the direction of a General Manager and CEO.
In February 2018, the LDB was assigned to distribute, wholesale and sell non-medicinal cannabis inclusive of a government owned online channel with a mandate to support government’s key priorities of protecting children and youth, ensuring health and safety standards, and keeping the criminal element out of the supply chain.
The Construction Manager directs and coordinates the basic design and layout for construction projects (from initial planning through to completion) required for the development of new and/or relocation/renovation/expansion of existing LDB retail stores and administrative facilities. The position participates in planning and decision making processes involved in the selection of new facilities and/or the renovation or expansion of existing LDB sites; participates in negotiations with Architects, Municipalities and Construction firms in respect to issues affecting the design, construction and commissioning activities that are required to make approved projects operational.
An eligibility list for permanent or temporary future opportunities may be established. A criminal record check is required. A valid BC Drivers License is required and travel within the province may be required.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications, and competencies. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Mark Long A/Director, Real Estate by phone at 604 252-7431. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Visit Careers at: www.bcldb.com
Education and Experience:
- A degree or diploma in Interior Design, Architectural Technology, or related discipline.
- Recent experience in handling progressively complex store planning, construction and project management activities.
- Proven retail experience and understanding of store operations and merchandising.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Knowledge of design methodologies for new and /or renovation and expansion projects.
- Knowledge of property, leasing, and project management activities and documentation.
- Proficiency in Auto CAD for 2D drafting a must; experience with 3D rendering an asset.
- Proficiency in Windows XP, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Project.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in both technical and non-technical environments.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to changing environments and possess expertise and confidence to work independently.
- Proven ability to plan and manage capital projects and to develop detailed project management plans.