Procurement Policy & Initiatives Specialist
Administrative Officer R21
Applicants who do not fully meet the required qualifications may be considered for this position, but at a lower classification.
The next exciting step in your administrative career
BC Timber Sales (BCTS) manages about 20 per cent of the province’s allowable annual cut for Crown timber, generating economic prosperity for British Columbians through the safe, sustainable development and auction of Crown timber. BCTS operates in 33 communities and directly supports over 8,000 jobs across B.C.
Data from our operations are used to help determine the market value of the timber harvested from public land and ensures British Columbians receive fair value from their timber resources.
BCTS also supports government’s commitment to true, lasting reconciliation with First Nations in BC as we move toward fully adopting and implementing the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples and the Calls to Action of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission.
The goal of BCTS is to provide credible representative price and cost benchmark data for the market pricing system through auctions of timber harvested from public land in BC. BCTS has three objectives supporting its goal:
- Objective 1: Sell the full BCTS apportionment over the business cycle, consistent with safe practices, sustainable forest management, and reconciliation with Indigenous peoples.
- Objective 2: Generate direct net revenue and indirect revenue for the Province over the business cycle.
- Objective 3: Continuous business improvement – within BCTS, across government and with third parties.
To find out more about our program check out the BCTS website
The Procurement Policy & Initiatives Specialist provides research and policy analysis/evaluation, and specialist advice to support procurement policy development and implementation. It also leads various initiatives by proactively driving Lean continuous improvement projects to client and stakeholder groups. The position is responsible for the development of various resource materials, online content, guidance and training for the BC Timber Sales’ procurement program. This position may involve significant project work.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
In addition to this exciting opportunity and amazing locations, the BC Public Service is an award winning employer in British Columbia, including such accolades as being one of BC’s Top Employers for 2016, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2016 and one of Canada’s Top Family-Friendly Employers in 2016. The BC Public Service offers a healthy work/life balance, excellent benefits, including one of the best pension plans available, and a variety of opportunities for career learning and development. To find out more, explore What the BC Public Service offers You.
A career path in BC Timber Sales offers exceptional opportunities to develop new solutions to complex problems, and to learn and grow personally and professionally. Existing and future BCTS employees have the opportunity to impact public and private forests, communities, the economy and the lives of British Columbians in positive and unique ways.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, requirements and qualifications, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Marci.Riehl@gov.bc.ca or Sherrie.Carter@gov.bc.ca DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education, experience and professional designation requirements as outlined below:
- Degree, diploma, designation or equivalent in related field (i.e. business administration, financial management, procurement and contract management learning and development, risk management or law), or equivalent based on lesser education and more than three years of related experience.
- Three (3) years of experience in contract and procurement management/administration including an extensive knowledge of contract law, trade agreements, and public procurement policy
- Experience in developing and providing training and/or creating online resource tools and guides.
- Completion of PCMP program or equivalent procurement related courses.
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Experience applying international Standards Organization (ISO) Quality Management System 90001:2015 principles, requirements and standards.
- Internal audit training such as associated with the attainment of a professional accounting designation or certification as an external auditor for ISO 9001.
- Experience in facilitation and/or organizational development/learning.
- Significant travel required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed. Please select “SKIP” on the cover letter screen to continue with your application.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire – YES (COMPREHENSIVE) As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments