Senior Project Management Analyst
Administrative Officer R21
An eligibility list may be established for future temporary and/or permanent vacancies.
Do you thrive in a high volume environment? Do you enjoy serving a diversified public? Can you change priorities on a dime?
Emergency Management British Columbia (EMBC) is the lead coordinating agency in the provincial government for all emergency management activities, including mitigation, preparedness, response and recovery. As such, EMBC’s mission is to be responsible to British Columbians for leading the management of provincial level emergencies and disasters and supporting other authorities within their areas of jurisdiction. EMBC works directly with local governments, first nations communities, provincial ministries and agencies, federal departments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), key stakeholder agencies from across BC and from cross border jurisdictions, industry and volunteers involved with disaster mitigation, preparedness / planning, response and recovery.
The EMBC Disaster Mitigation Team is focused on providing funding to communities to implement disaster mitigation programs and projects, including foundational elements such as risk assessments, mapping, and mitigation planning, as well as structural and non-structural mitigation projects. The Disaster Mitigation Team also provides technical advice and analysis on community vulnerability related to disasters.
The Senior Project Management Analyst – Disaster Mitigation reports to the Program Manager – Disaster Mitigation and manages and monitors the implementation of a portfolio of disaster mitigation projects with significant impact on public safety and fiscal allocations. This position plays a major role in advising, planning, developing, implementing, monitoring and reporting on projects that reduce the impact of disasters to communities across BC.
A primary focus is on analysing and administering a wide variety of projects by local authorities, First Nations, and other agencies, within the terms and conditions of several provincial and federal disaster mitigation funding programs. The Senior Project Management Analyst – Disaster Mitigation is accountable for determining eligibility, monitoring status and analysing progress, financial tracking and processing progress payments to ensure delivery within scope, schedule, budget and specified quality.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Andrew.Giles@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, public administration, natural resource management, geography, planning or other discipline related to the position PLUS a minimum of 2 years progressive and related* experience; OR
- Diploma in business administration, public administration, natural resource management, geography, planning or other discipline related to the position PLUS a minimum of 4 years progressive and related* experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and training with progressive and related* experience may be considered.
Related* experience includes the following:
- Managing multiple projects and assignments of varying complexity.
- Program/project development, delivery and administration.
- Financial monitoring, tracking and reporting.
- Procurement, contract management and directing the work of contracted and staff resources.
- Preparing briefing materials, recommendations, or reports for consideration by management.
- Coordinating and communicating with stakeholders on complex projects or programs.
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, public administration, natural resource management, geography, planning or other discipline related to the position.
- Experience with capital or infrastructure projects/components.
- Coordinating and communicating with other levels of government and First Nations on complex projects or programs.
Candidates must be willing and able to:
- Work on-call and work extended hours during emergency activations.
- Participate in operational deployments throughout the province.
- Travel occasionally.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.