Business Change Advisor
Administrative Officer R24
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary vacancies.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
With over 200 different occupations available in 280 communities across the province, we offer exciting opportunities for your career. Come be a part of the BC Public Service, a Top 100 Employer that embraces diversity, health and career growth. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
British Columbia’s Natural Resource Ministries (NRM) are the stewards of the Province’s Crown land and natural resources which reflect the diverse values and interests of all British Columbians. In order to support the growth of the economy while providing effective environmental stewardship, the province’s NRM must transform in order to advance the shared management of British Columbia’s natural resources.
The Information, Innovation and Technology (IIT) Division is leading the modernization and transformation of business practices for the NRM through continuous improvement projects, new technology options and operational information management/information technology (IM/IT). The IIT Division is providing leadership for IM/IT planning, policy and business process solutions and is also the single authority for all information and technology across the NRM.
The Business Change Advisor (BCA) plays a key role in the success of IM/IT Projects, supporting the people side of change as people adopt changes to new business processes and technology. This involves ensuring people and teams are appropriately consulted, engaged, aligned, trained, coached and monitored, throughout the change process including implementation of the new business practices and/or technologies to ensure the achievement of desired results. The BCA collaborates closely with a wide network of NRS executives, senior managers, business stakeholders and organizational colleagues to achieve outcomes and benefits.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Daniel.Nelson@gov.bc.ca . DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca , before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
Education and Experience:
- Degree in business or other relevant discipline and a minimum of 2 years of recent, related experience* OR;
- Diploma in business or other relevant discipline and a minimum of 3 years of recent, related experience*; OR
- 4 years of recent, related experience*
*Recent, related experience must include:
- Experience leading and managing the implementation of significant business change projects or major project components using recognized project management techniques
- Experience leading change management frameworks (including: project planning, change management strategy development, stakeholder analysis, communication and engagement planning, training needs assessments, training plan development, project milestone/outcome definition, etc.) to ensure change management frameworks match project outcome and benefit requirements.
- Experience with stakeholder engagement
- Experience managing a portfolio of clients in a customer service environment
- Experience documenting, tracking, and analysing business transformation and change management outcomes and trends.
- Experience producing regular statistical and performance reports
Preference may be given to candidates with:
- Prosci™ Change Manager certification
- Education or certification in Lean/or project management
- Experience working in the natural resource sector
Candidates must be able and willing to:
- Fulfill the role of a Change Management Leader while engaging with and influencing stakeholders who may be resistant to change and/or have opposing interests
- Regular travel and/or work outside usual business hours to meet project timelines
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
CRC – A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.