Administrative Officer R24
This is a temporary opportunity to August 14,2020. This temporary assignment may be extended or become permanent.
An eligibility list may be established.
An excellent opportunity to apply your analytical expertise
The Immigration Programs Branch delivers and promotes the B.C. Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), an immigration program operating under the Canada-BC Immigration Agreement and in accordance with the Provincial Immigration Programs Act. The PNP allows the Province to attract and retain foreign workers and entrepreneurs for expedited permanent immigration based on B.C.’s labour market and economic development priorities.
Under the Provincial Immigration Programs Act, this role is critical to the administration of the BC Provincial Nominee Program. The Policy Analyst’s role is to independently manage assigned policy development projects focused on the review and revision of existing ministry programs or legislation.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Karin.Turchet@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Economics, Law, International Relations, Political Science, Public Administration, or a related field and a minimum of 1 year of progressive and *recent related experience; OR,
• Diploma in Business Administration, Economics, Law, International Relations, Political Science, Public Administration, or a related field and a minimum of 3 years of progressive and *recent related experience; OR,
• Grade 12 graduation or equivalent or completion of a related post-secondary certificate program and a minimum of 5 years of progressive and *recent related experience.
• *Recent (within the past 5 years) progressive and related experience must include:
– Experience researching policy issues and conducting policy analysis.
– Experience providing advice and recommendations on policy and program issues.
– Experience managing projects and/or project components.
– Experience concisely and persuasively writing an array of documents and content.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.