Administrative Officer R24
An eligibility list may be established.
An excellent opportunity to apply your analytical expertise
The Acute and Provincial Services Branch proposes strategic direction, develops policies, and monitors and evaluates programs in relation to short-term, acute medical treatments such as those involving: emergency department and hospital operations; in-patient and-out-patient care; physical medicine and rehabilitation; and ambulance, patient transport, and inter-facility transfers. It also provides policy and strategic direction for specialized provincial medical programs delivered through the Provincial Health Services Authority, and BC’s provincial Patient Care Quality program.
This position will independently manage assigned policy development projects focused on the review and revision of existing ministry programs or legislation.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Heather.L.Johnston@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Master’s Degree in Business or Public administration, or Health Sciences, Social Sciences or a related field and a minimum of 1 year of progressive and recent, related experience*; OR
- Degree in Business or Public administration, or Health Sciences, Social Sciences or a related field and a minimum of 2 years progressive and recent, related experience*; OR
- Diploma in Business or Public administration, or Health Sciences, Social Sciences or a related field and a minimum of 4 years progressive and recent, related experience*; OR
- No degree and a minimum of 6 years progressive and recent, related experience*
- *Recent, related experience must include:
- Direct experience analyzing information and providing advice and recommendations on a broad range of policy, program and service issues.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating multi-faceted projects.
- Experience providing policy and issues-management advice and preparing briefing materials to senior executive.
- Demonstrated experience working with and managing external stakeholder interests.
- Preference may be given to experience in the health care sector.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.