Administrative Officer R24
An eligibility list may be established.
An excellent opportunity for a self-motivated individual who enjoys variety and challenge in their work day
The Ministry of Citizens’ Services, Procurement Services branch, part of Shared Services BC (SSBC), supports government as the lead agency for procuring and supplying the technology, accommodation, products and services required by government and the broader public sector to provide services to the people of British Columbia.
The Procurement Specialist manages the procurement life-cycle for complex procurement projects that may be considered high profile, high risk, high dollar value and/or politically sensitive.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Susan.Rivet@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree, diploma, or equivalent in related field (i.e. business, commerce, procurement and contract management learning and development, risk management or law). An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Experience analyzing complex issues, evaluating options and recommending solutions.
- Experience in the full procurement life cycle (including planning and acquiring goods and/or services to achieve business objectives).Preference may be given to applicants with 3 or more years’ experience.
- Preference may be given to applicants with any of the following experience:
- procurement document and policy development
- risk management, conflict resolution and business relationship management
- contract law
- trade agreements
- public procurement policy
- Government procurement practices
- Preference may be given to candidates with formal procurement certification.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO
Resume: YES – A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.