- British Columbia NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
- Ontario NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
ADMN O 24R – Retail Store Improvement Project Manager
ADMN O 24R – Retail Store Improvement Project Manager – (67302)
Retail Store Improvement Project Manager, Store Operations
Regular, Full-Time – Burnaby
The Liquor Distribution Branch (LDB) is one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009 and one of two branches of Government responsible for the wholesale distribution and retail sale of beverage alcohol and non-medical cannabis. In 2018/19 the LDB recorded gross sales of $3.6 billion, generating a net income of $1.104 billion that supported vital public services including health care and education. It has a workforce of approximately 4600 full- and part-time employees working across 197 BC Liquor Stores, 9 BC Cannabis Stores (online and stand alone), a Head Office, three Wholesale Customer Centres and three Distribution Centres. The LDB is led by a General Manager and CEO who is responsible for administering the Liquor Distribution Act and the Cannabis Distribution Act, subject to direction from the Minister. As part of BC’s mixed-model retail system for liquor and non-medical cannabis, the LDB is committed to providing customers with an enhanced shopping environment, an expansive product selection and a high level of service.
The Retail Store Improvement Project Manager fulfils a critical role, as Store Operations’ senior project lead on all aspects of the planning and implementation of store set ups, including new stores and the renovation of existing stores.
The Retail Store Improvement Project Manager works with a wide network of contacts and uses project management techniques to lead and manage multiple simultaneous store set up projects and to ensure that outcomes are consistent with project quality, timeline and budget parameters.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications, and competencies. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition. A criminal record check is required. An eligibility list for future temporary or regular opportunities may be established.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Director, Store Operations Jonathan Castaneto by phone at 604-252-8598. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Visit Careers at: www.bcliquorstores.com
I certify that all information submitted is true, complete and correct. I understand that any information provided by me in my application, any assessment documents or processes and/or an interview that is found to be false or misrepresented in any respect, may eliminate me from further consideration for employment or may result in my dismissal.
Education and Experience:
- Degree, Diploma or Certificate in business administration, operations management, or equivalent discipline.
- Minimum of 2 (3 without a related degree/diploma/certificate) years’ recent experience coordinating multiple projects* or recent experience playing a significant role with major store upgrades/renovations (ie. Overseeing as a Store Manager).
- Experience managing relationships and communications with senior level stakeholders
- Experience in directing/coordinating the work for other project managers, professional employees and/or consultants.
*Projects related to physical changes to retail store(s)or commercial spaces including but not limited to; set up, tenant improvement, renovations, facilities or construction.
- Project management theories, policies, practices, techniques and technologies.
- Operations management and risk management.
- Superior written and oral communication skills and attention to detail when communicating.
- Superior interpersonal/organizational/analytical skills.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to achieve deadlines within tight timelines while managing multiple priorities.
- Ability to communicate complex information in a manner than can be understood by the audience.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: