Senior Operations Analyst
Administrative Officer R24
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary vacancies
Apply your sound judgement, decision-making and analytical skills in a key leadership role
The Senior Operations Analyst is responsible for analyzing existing service delivery methods and determining and developing strategies to improve current practices resulting in successful achievement of divisional goals and delivery of programs and services.
In addition, the position will lead and manage large scale strategic projects that will expand beyond organizational/ministry boundaries. Impact is broad and may involve multiple program areas and include a wide range of public, internal and external stakeholders. Projects are taken from original concept through to final completion.
To learn more about these B.C communities you can click on the Hello BC link here!
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The BC Public Service is an inclusive and accessible employer. Please advise the hiring manager if any accommodations are required to assist you to ensure equitable participation.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Pina.Sia@gov.bc.ca DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- A degree in Business/Public Administration, Commerce or a related discipline AND a minimum of one (1) years recent, related experience; OR
- Diploma in Business/Public Administration, Commerce or a related discipline AND a minimum of three (3) years recent, related experience; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
Recent, related experience must include:
- Experience in Project Management, leading projects, taken from concept through to completion. Includes managing large scale strategic projects that will expand beyond organizational/ministry boundaries where impact is broad and may involve multiple program areas and include a wide range of public, internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience working in a service delivery environment in a large organization.
- Experience working within teams or independently on a variety of projects.
- Experience managing multiple priorities at the same time.
- Experience directing the work of others (professional employees and/or consultants).
Preference may be given to applicants with:
- Experience working in a virtual environment and using virtual communication tools, i.e. LYNC.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.