User Experience and Service Design Lead
Administrative Officer R24
An eligibility list may be established.
An exciting opportunity to be part of a team that strives to be best in class!
The Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training was created to help British Columbians develop the knowledge and skills needed to reach their full potential and to ensure B.C. successfully competes in the global knowledge economy. The Ministry provides leadership to a dynamic, integrated and responsive post-secondary system to maximize benefits for all British Columbians.
The Digital Service Innovation Branch (DSIB) improves the delivery of programs and services to the post-secondary system, learners and their supports through a coordinated approach to online service delivery. The branch builds capacity within the ministry to maximize opportunities to showcase the various education pathways available to learners through strategic digital service transformation ultimately providing improved information and tools to better support the student’s journey. The branch mandate is to build citizen and stakeholder awareness and informed decision making by learners, through strategic partnerships and alliances with senior leadership within the ministry, across government, and with the post-secondary system.
If this sounds like a fit for you, please check out the position details below.
In this position you will provide leadership and expertise on user experience design research, web strategy and governance and service design for ministry web properties. Practices user experience (UX) methodologies including design research, web content development, information architecture, interaction and graphic design and accessibility standards to ensure that the ministry’s online presence is citizen-centered, user focused and aligned with corporate strategies and standards.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Laura.Hutchinson@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree or diploma in Library Science, User Experience Design, Computing Science, or an equivalent combination of related experience, education or training may be considered.
- A combined 2 years experience in the following:
- Experience practicing user experience design methods (design research, strategy development) to plan and build web priorities, including experience in information architecture, content development, basic web graphic development and interaction design, or an equivalent combination of related experience, education or training.
- Experience applying user-centred design practices such as field studies, interviews, co-design sessions, diary studies and usability testing to generate and evaluate cohesive and predictive designs and usable interfaces.
- Experience producing web design and content deliverables including design of prototypes/wireframes, interaction designs, information architectures and content models.
- Preference may be given to candidates who have:
- Experience working in an agile environment/scrum to iteratively create and improve digital products and services.\
- One or more years experience practicing user experience design methods (design research, strategy development) to plan and build web priorities, including experience in information architecture, content development, basic web graphic development and interaction design, or an equivalent combination of related experience, education or training.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES – You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.