Capital Planning Officer
Administrative Officer R27
Please note this is an ongoing posting without a scheduled close date. The posting close date will be added to the posting a minimum 2 weeks prior to the posting close date. Applications will be reviewed on a bi-weekly basis.
An eligibility list may be established.
Provide project administration support services for complex projects in this career building role
The Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training provides leadership and direction for post-secondary education and skills training systems in British Columbia as well as the dissemination of labour market information and the delivery of labour market programs. The Ministry plays a key role in helping British Columbians from every background and region to have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
An effective communicator with a collaborative approach, you develop important working partnerships with numerous external stakeholders. Reporting to the Director, the Capital Planning Officer plays a role in the development of ministry multi-year capital plans and ensures that capital projects and programs are accurately assessed, prioritized, and monitored at planning, approval, delivery, and completion stages.
With over 200 different occupations available in 280 communities across the province, we offer exciting opportunities for your career. Come be a part of the BC Public Service, a Top 100 Employer that embraces diversity, health and career growth. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Alison.Prince@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Once the closing date is determined, applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- A minimum of 2 years post-secondary coursework related to planning, design, construction, finance, business or public administration, infrastructure/asset management or other related field, and a minimum of 2 years of recent experience in planning, coordinating, managing, delivering and/or evaluating capital projects, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 1 year experience managing and contributing to project teams.
- Experience creating and maintaining spreadsheets.
Preference may be given to applicants with one or more of the following:
- Degree or diploma in planning, finance, architecture, engineering, business, public administration or other related field.
- Three or more years’ experience managing and contributing to project teams.
- Experience reviewing construction plans and drawings and the development of related contract or policy documents.
- Experience developing and preparing recommendations, project plans and reports for public, executive and inter-agency committee review processes.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.