Senior Policy Analyst
Administrative Officer R27
An eligibility list may be established.
An excellent opportunity to apply your analytical expertise
The Small Business Branch (SBB) provides strategic leadership and cross-government coordination of initiatives that contribute to small business growth. SBB supports the permanent Small Business Roundtable and works with partners and stakeholders at all levels of government and in the private sector to develop proposals and implement solutions to address barriers to small business success.
The Senior Policy Analyst coordinates and leads the analysis, evaluation, and implementation of small business initiatives, programs and services, and policy formulation; represents the Ministry and influences change in multi-partner initiatives and provides advice to Ministry senior executive staff, industry officials, special interest groups, and the public.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Jordan.Bennett@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree in business, public administration, accounting, economics, political science or equivalent related field. Preference may be given to applicants with a Master’s Degree. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Three years’ experience in policy development, project and/or program management, and strategic planning. Preference may be given to applicants with experience in program design and evaluation.
- Experience in managing multi-stakeholder programs or initiatives.
- Experience in managing an inter-disciplinary team.
- Experience in writing reports and briefings for senior executive or equivalent.
- Experience in conceptualizing, analyzing, investigating and reporting on a wide variety of issues.
- Preference may be given to applicants with experience in the development of legislation, regulations and/or policy.
- Preference may be given to applicants with experience interpreting, applying and advising on federal and provincial small business programs, government legislation, regulatory requirements and policies that impact small business.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.