Canada Summer Jobs
Adult Day Program Assistant
(Clarington, Pickering, Uxbridge and Whitby)
We welcome energetic compassionate individuals to join our Adult Day Programs this summer as Adult Day Program Assistants!
Community Care Durham’s Adult Day Program (ADP) offers individuals the opportunity to socialize with their peers, maintain their level of independence while remaining in the community, and provides an opportunity for caregiver relief. Our team works to meet the needs of clients with limitations resulting from aging, mental and/or physical illness and clients with impaired cognition. A typical day of social and recreational programming in the ADP may include crafts, cooking, baking, entertainment, exercising, gardening, special guests and more!
In this role, you will be responsible for assisting with planning and implementing a variety of social and recreational activities for our clients, ensuring client safety and security. In addition, you will assist clients with their activities of daily living and provide support with problem solving to primary caregivers. Office support may include assisting with administrative duties such as updating client files, data entry, creating client intake packages and maintaining service records.
The successful candidates will:
• Apply strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrate sensitivity to the needs of the elderly, individuals with mental health issues, and persons with disabilities
• Utilize Microsoft Office Programs efficiently
• Provide a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check (as age appropriate)
• Work in a safe manner and promote the health and safety of all staff, volunteers, clients and the community as outlined within CCD policies
Canada Summer Job Requirements:
• Must be considered a Youth, between the ages of 15-30 at the start of employment
• Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred
• Possess a valid Social Insurance Number and be legally entitled to work in Canada