JOIN THE CANADIAN MUSEUM OF HISTORY
The Canadian Museum of History (CMH) offers you a place to develop your career and to accomplish rewarding and meaningful work in an inclusive and engaging work environment dedicated to museological excellence.
Temporary Full-Time Position (Up to April 20, 2018)
Position Number 90278
The Canadian Museum of History is looking for an experienced Advertising Officer. Reporting to the Manager, Marketing and Branding, your key responsibilities will include:
- Being responsible for the development of effective advertising, promotional and Internet campaigns;
- Coordinating the establishment of the budget, and buying media for all activities related to the Corporation and its exhibitions, special events and public programs;
- Performing other related duties as required.
Successful candidates have the following qualifications, which are a deciding measure of success for this challenging opportunity:
A minimum of Three (3) to five (5) years’ experience in:
- Developing and implementing marketing plans and integrated advertising and promotional campaigns;
- Producing advertising material (printed, electronic and digital) managing and coordinating and supervising marketing and advertising projects with an advertising agency or design firm;
- Coordinating various simultaneous projects;
- Managing budgets.
- Advertising and marketing strategies and tactics preferably in a cultural or museal setting;
- The latest trends in advertising and in traditional and digital marketing;
- The Museum’s mandate and objectives;
- The market of the National Capital Region;
- Project management in an advertising or marketing context;
- MS Office.
Education: University degree in the field of marketing, advertising or communications, or a combination of education and experience.
Core competencies: Concern for order and quality; Business Acumen; Teamwork and Collaboration; Flexibility; Planning; Action Oriented; Information seeking.
The Canadian Museum of History is committed to the principles of employment equity and to achieving a workforce that is representative of the Canadian population. We strongly encourage candidates to self-identify if they are an Aboriginal Person, a member of a visible minority group, a person with a disability or a woman.
If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
We thank all candidates for showing interest in our Museum; however, only retained candidates will be contacted. The Canadian Museum of History may keep the information received from candidates for consideration for other similar positions.
Interested in this opportunity? Please apply no later than March 10, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. as instructed on the Portal under “Job Opportunities at CMH”.
Compensation: $58,015 – $76,192 (Job classification: E6)
Language: CCC imperative (for a detailed definition of the linguistic level required, access our website.) We encourage all candidates to submit their nomination, regardless of whether they believe they meet the linguistic requirements of the position. As part of its hiring process, the Museum sends qualified candidates for linguistic validation to determine their language proficiency.
Security Clearance: Enhanced reliability.
Open to: Museum employees, external candidates and/or candidates from our inventory. Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.