· Works with the Faculties and the Associate Directors and Director of Development within the faculties to develop communication plans, programs and events to engage alumni and strengthen the relationships between the Faculties and their graduates, ensuring that the strategic goals of the department are met
· Develops effective liaison strategies with alumni, students, faculties, volunteers, Advancement colleagues, departments and other campus stakeholders.
· Leverages opportunities for alumni engagement with campus partners, including, but not limited to: Student Recruitment, Continuing Education, Ceremonies and Events (e.g. convocation), and senior administration (e.g Dean’s travel).
· Conducts personal visits with alumni to strengthen their relationship with the university and with their faculties.
· Works closely with Development to engage alumni in a strategic way during campaign;
· Represents Alumni Relations and the University to external audiences, including alumni, students, faculty, staff and parents.
Program Planning, Development and Evaluation
· Understands the emerging trends of student, alumni and volunteer behaviour, including demographic trends; in consultation with the Faculties and the Associate Director, designs and implements innovative relationship building programs that address these trends and assists in meeting the department’s relationship building goals.
· Responsible for developing and coordinating alumni recognition / award programs e.g. Awards of Excellence, alumni volunteer opportunities within the Faculties e.g. speaking in the classroom, and niche / industry specific alumni programming.
· Collects comparative data to evaluate program performance; makes recommendations for changes designed to enhance program effectiveness. Provide accurate and timely program analysis to key stakeholders. Demonstrates a commitment to continuous improvement though applied benchmarking efforts as applicable;
· Contributes to the development and implementation of THE strategic plan that compliments and enhances the overall goals and objectives of Alumni Relations.
· Coordinates faculty specific alumni communication – e-newsletters requiring liaising with the faculties to secure relevant content and designing the layout of the newsletter.
· Assist with other forms of alumni communications such as Campus magazine, the Alumni web site, and event invitations.
· Responsible for identifying new opportunities to engage alumni and create strategies to effectively promote alumni programs.
· Co-ordinates the recruitment, training, orientation and tracking of volunteers within the faculty related programs (i.e. alumni and students).
· Supports the Alumni Association Outreach Committee with operational tasks to execute their initiatives.
Administrative and Other Responsibilities:
· Responsible within the faculties for the implementation and tracking of the alumni metrics program.
· Budget/financial responsibilities
· Assists with all other alumni and annual giving events and programs that include, but are not limited to, conferences, professional development days, seminars, award ceremonies, donor events, networking events, social events, community programs, and alumni awareness programs.
· Commitment to ongoing professional development through reading current literature, attending meetings, participating in webinars and professional associations, and developing working relationships with colleagues at other institutions.
· Responsible to support the hiring, leadership, and training of the Co-op student, intern, and Ontario Work-Study positions.