Analyst – Business Banking – Toronto : 00008LKC
Employment Type: Regular
The role holder will assist the RM in the delivery of a professional relationship management service to customers, prospective customers and professionals. This supports the bank’s long-term strategy of establishing and maintaining long term relationships with businesses, identifying needs, delivering solutions to meet those needs and providing an excellent customer service. The role holder will maximize efficiency so the RM can focus on growing income.
The jobholder will play a direct role in identifying and meeting existing and prospect customer needs, delivering value to the customer and ensuring that we treat customers fairly in all that we do. Provide tailor-made service to the customers leading to a strengthening of key relationships. In the absence of the RM, the role holder will act as the focal point within the area for products and services thereby ensuring HSBC’s business banking proposition remains a key, positive differentiator.
The Sales and Credit Support role is to proactively support the Relationship Manager (RM) in the optimization of their contribution towards the CMB Annual Operating Plan, build sustainable client relationships to improve client engagement and triage product sales opportunities, and coordinate product fulfilment. The role holder will maximize efficiency so the RM can focus on growing income.
Impact on the Business
- Provide support to the RM in delivering a relationship management service which provides value-added services and guidance to customers, prospects and professionals
- Work with the RM to relationship manage all relationships in the Business Banking Area
- Under the guidance and direction of the RM, analyse the financial reports and MI of customers and prospective customers, preparing credit applications and customer presentations to establish and promote HSBC as the “Leading International Business” bank
- Work with the RM to develop and research a target list of prospect companies, and identify customer needs and researching potential solutions from existing customers
- Act as a coordinator when the RM introduces appropriate colleagues from the product areas and other group entities to develop solutions which meet the needs of the customer, monitoring SLAs and managing client expectations.
- Assist the RM in preparing and having Strategic Business Conversations and completing Strategic Business Reviews to ensure that we fully understand the customers plans and needs and provide solutions to meet these.
- Monitor credit risk, including out of order and endorsements, credit control reports, action within DA limits and escalate to the RM where required
- Monitor the risk portfolio rating and quality and provide ongoing risk monitoring including AML alerts, and act as an escalation point for risk issue response – escalate Risk concerns, Including AML and other FCC alerts to the RM
- Keeping up-to-date on knowledge of HSBC’s capabilities.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Support the RM in ensuring we identify customer needs correctly
- Assist in the delivery of solutions, products and services appropriate to meet customer need
- Help to improve customer engagement
- To treat customers fairly in all aspects of strategy, product design & delivery, sales processes, customer literature & correspondence, financial promotions, administration and complaint handling.
- Maintaining excellent communication with key colleagues to ensure a seamless and joined up approach and timely delivery of production for the RM and Client.
- Maintaining excellent communication with Group colleagues to ensure a joined up approach to identifying cross border opportunities where these meet customer needs
- Acting as the primary point of contact for customers and colleagues in the absence of the RM
Leadership & Teamwork
- Work as an integrated member of the team
- Act as a point of reference for internal colleagues and support both new and existing colleagues
- Working with colleagues and relevant departments as appropriate to ensure that all documents are processed in a timely manner
- Working with the RM to promote HSBC’s global capabilities internally and, where appropriate, to external agencies such as Key Business Introducers, Chambers of Commerce and other related organizations
- Preparing presentations where necessary
- Facilitating referrals from both existing customers and own network
- Work in partnership with colleagues across the HSBC network to deliver exceptional standards and quality of service
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Adhere to structures and processes in place for the management of credit, operational, reputation and regulatory risk.
- Ensure credit and operational quality is not compromised in the pursuit of income
- Ensure operational losses and fraud are minimized
- Respond within agreed timelines to issues raised by audit and external regulators.
- Ensure timely and accurate maintenance of customer information, including KYC requirements in Group systems
- Resolve any/all identified issues promptly, and escalate concerns to management as appropriate to ensure timely awareness of any material concerns.
- Maintain awareness of operational risk within assigned portfolio and minimize the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting.
- Protect sensitive customer and bank information by ensuring documents, computers, files, and all confidential matters are appropriately handled as set forth by policy.
- Ensure the application of Group policy and adherence to regulatory, financial, and legal standards to minimize business and reputational risks
- Compliance with and management of sales suitability risks and requirements
- Ensure all completed sales and prospecting activity documentation is appropriately completed, approved and stored to provide performance tracking, targeted future sales efforts and compliance with sales and transactional suitability guidelines and requirements
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Operate effectively and efficiently under pressure and time constraints.
- Help to manage and grow existing portfolio of customers whilst seeking to drive new business.
- Act as the main point of contact for the Middle office and back office support and ensure they act as an advocate for the client driving exceptional standards of work and delivery from these key stakeholders
- Seek to exceed customer expectations in delivery of products & services.
- Constantly evaluate customer banking practices and trends in the market with a focus on complex requirements of Business Banking aspirant customers and prospects.
- Against an increasing competitive backdrop, the Business Banking segment of CMB seeks to grow value, through the acquisition of quality customers, retention of quality customers and by improving the average return per customer.
- The Group has a strategic objective to be the ‘Leading International Business’ which builds on our global network, recognizes the increasing globalization of the world’s economy and the increased value of international customers. Our group capabilities, coupled with our understanding of local markets and cultures worldwide, help us deliver innovative solutions to our clients.
- The incumbent will work closely with the RM and their complex BB customers by providing an exemplary relationship management service.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of HSBC customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization. They will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology. Additionally they will ensure they effectively manage sales suitability, money laundering, counter terrorist financing, fraud, and reputational risk.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring; additionally by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by following relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply. department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators.
- As appropriate for the role, ensures alignment with regulatory requirements, the Compliance of FIM, HNAH’s BSA/AML Policy, other Group policies and all related policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline and 2-5 years of experience in a related field OR Master’s degree and 1-3 years of experience in a related field
- Understanding of risk management
- Good credit knowledge.
- Analytical and financial skills.
- Ability to work without constant direction
- Good organisational and time management skills.
- Commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues.
- Good working understanding of the trade cycle and business processes involved when importing and/or exporting
- Ability to interact with all levels of commercial customers
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Qualifications and/or training courses
- Working knowledge of CMB’s proposition / product capabilities
- Working knowledge of HSBC Group capabilities
Job Field : Commercial Banking
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 06-Jan-2017, 14:22:43 Unposting Date : 21-Jan-2017, 02:59:00