Analytics Manager : 00008NSA
Employment Type: Regular
The role is the owner / driver for the provision of analytical support for customer initiatives, customer value, segmentation and profiling all RBWM/CMB activities in areas of Proposition and Product Management.
The role is accountable for :
- Identify key trends that arise from the analysis of customer data and work with other areas in CVM to ensure they are planned into BAU activity where appropriate.
- Create, develop and implement data analysis tools including design, databases, spreadsheets and outputs.
- Develop, own and maintain standard CRM analytical models.
- Coordination and development of statistical models including response, attrition, profitability, cross sell and customer value models.
- Evaluation of contact strategy results.
- Develop standard and non-standard MI for enhancements to customer experience, increased sales, retention, deepening of customer relationship and channel optimization.
Impact on the Business
- Supporting targeted activity in achievement of metrics and plan.
- Support leads allocation to channels with analysis of segmentation, customer choice/activity and previous campaign performance.
- Responsible for all data and customer analysis to drive sales activity for the achievement of RBWM/CMB plans.
- Identify critical statistical information and create monthly reports, specifically in the areas of propositions and product performance and marketing campaign results.
- In partnership with CVM teams, identify, develop and implement new lead source strategy for delivery.
- Identify and explore new technologies and methodologies to ensure competitiveness is maintained while constantly re-evaluating practices and systems.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Partners with CRM, CVM management and business units to manage activities to achieve RBWM/CMB objectives and targets.
- Represent HBCA RBWM/CMB’s interests in forums as assigned, consolidating responses and providing feedback and advice.
- Responsible for stakeholder management across RBWM/CMB business units to provide analytical/modeling advice and expertise, ensuring a close connection between market trends/client needs and product/channel delivery.
- Manage, develop and execute lead management strategy to maximize customer opportunities for business growth.
- Execute customer activities, including short term target criteria, reporting and feedback to support the development and enhancement of marketing initiatives.
- Deliver fair outcomes for our customers and ensure own conduct maintains the orderly and transparent operation of financial markets.
Leadership & Teamwork
- To support the Head of CRM & Analytics in providing a high quality, customer driven, support function.
- Maintain strong relationships with team, key partners and stakeholders across the organization.
- Interact with team and CVM management to identify peer company best-in-class service practices & technologies to improve Customer experience.
- Support the identification of new opportunities for multichannel marketing programs to achieve RBWM business plans.
- In conjunction with CRM – Strategic Planning and CRM – Sales Support/Execution and CVM teams establish MI to create better visibility of transactions by product, by client and by channel.
- Act as SME and provide leadership in research, definition, construction and analysis of customer behaviors, data anomalies, results, gaps or opportunities in proposition and product sales, usage, (campaign results) and return on investment.
- Work with business units within RBWM to identify new lead sources, manages the generation of regular (campaign)/lead lists and supports the automation of the lead distribution system for all channels.
- Support utilization of internal customer and prospect databases to ensure optimal customer leads selection. Utilize database capabilities to provide sales support to business units, including cross sell tracking, relationship depth, hot lists etc.
- Manage and direct the creation and maintenance of an in-house database of (Campaign)information for future business initiative/ marketing use.
- Responsible for ensuring account acquisition or account management systems are operating efficiently, as required. Manage and direct the codes, testing, programming, and implements new policy changes for account acquisitions or account management systems as required.
- Work closely and foster teamwork within business units to ensure seamless service to clients and enhance marketing efforts.
- Directs ongoing analytical support in the area of list generation and tracking (including creation of an automated performance report system and management of outside vendors). Recommend program changes based on previous results.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Decisions within assigned authorized expenditure budget for project assignments including selection of vendors and determine priority and methodology.
- Manage the programming and monitoring of actionable leads that support the defined strategy for the maximization of customer opportunities, ensuring alignment with customer contact preferences, customer contact strategy channel lead management as well as deployment based on channel capabilities and capacity.
- Interact with CVM management teams to understand initiatives/activities (campaign) and deliver required analytic and reporting requirements… Provide strategic analytic support to key stakeholders.
- Manages compliance and opportunities for customer and channel capacity/capabilities lead management agreements.
- Provide analytical support and guidance to Product Management in developing products and services that profitably meet customer segment needs.
- Ensure that all employees are aware of and effectively identify and manage applicable money laundering (ML), terrorist financing (TF), sanctions and reputational risks.
- Complete other responsibilities, as assigned.
- Quality and relevance of analytical output to stakeholders’ needs and expectations
- Champion the voice of the customer in all scenarios
- Transforming the business to achieve the TBM via the Target Operating models
- Regulatory challenges
- Challenging competitive environment with intense competition, strong domestic brands and increasing customer demands
- Collaboration – working with stakeholders to influence the implementation of Group strategy in market/country.
- Maintaining a customer centric focus by providing a holistic view of customer information
- The increased use of sophisticated marketing techniques such as predictive modeling by financial service providers require the job holder to be proactive in managing and protecting our existing high value customer base and seeking to acquire new targeted customers on an ongoing basis. Targeted marketing programs are more successful in improving return on investments in allocating marketing dollars to highest potential prospects and markets.
- The position has a key role in supporting growth of RBWM/CMB business, responsible for management of all customer analysis used to drive customer sales activity and customer initiatives across RBWM/CMB channels.
- The jobholder is a critical member of the CRM & Analytics team and works closely with range of stakeholders across the organization to facilities database use, marketing research and development of effective marketing programs.
- The role develops and implements new marketing approaches that rely heavily upon quantitative and statistical modelling, which is unfamiliar to many business managers and marketing professionals.
- The jobholder needs to be flexible in technical areas to ensure necessary customer, product and transaction data is accessed, housed and reported as necessary and also provide consultative breadth to ensure business units use market research optimally.
- This position supports multiple business units with differing objectives, target markets and database integrity
- The jobholder requires critical thinking, problem solving , analytical and communication skills
- On a day to day basis, prioritization of requests decisions are exercised through the role holder
- Day-to-day internal working relationships are with:
- Business units – ensuring controls are in place, adequate and protect the business, tracking and remediation of issues.
- Internal areas – ensuring proper communication and providing input into changes, initiatives, and acting as the business representative for RBWM
- Regular external working relationships are with:
- Consulting firms
- Market Research Firms
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance of both general and anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing (AML/ATF) compliance controls as well as operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation. This will be achieved by consistently displaying the Group Values: Dependable, Open, And Connected.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings and the impact of new technology.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring and by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
- Ensure full compliance with internal and external regulatory requirements.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- This will be achieved by adhering to all relevant processes/procedures and by liaising with Compliance department about new business initiatives at the earliest opportunity. Also and when applicable, by ensuring adequate resources are in place and training is provided, fostering a compliance culture and optimizing relations with regulators
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years proven and progressive database marketing, direct mail and/or research experience or equivalent, including strong familiarity with database analysis, statistical techniques, market research and competitive intelligence research.
- Strong PC literacy, specifically MS Excel, MS Access, MS Powerpoint.
- Extensive Base SAS experience.
- Proven knowledge of data analysis tools and techniques.
- Proven track record with relational databases and research data tools (Business Objects and Epiphany are core programs used, similar programs provide useful background).
- Strong knowledge of statistical research and analytical methodologies.
- Detail oriented with demonstrated analytical skills and proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability in managing a multitude of projects and requests of varying degrees of complexity.
- Strong knowledge of the customer service concept and its impact on customer relationships.
- Proven track record of communicating effectively within the organization and with customer groups.
- Knowledge of the organization and its products, processes and pertinent regulations affecting their delivery.
- A comprehensive understanding of the banking, regulatory environment, industry trends and the competitive market as well as systems and technology.
- Demonstrated ability to rapidly build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Excellent working knowledge of business and product management principles.
- Ability to accurately evaluate information and present recommendations based on facts.
- Proven ability of managing to plan and achieve results.
- Wide knowledge of policies, procedures, and risk management frameworks.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, related field or equivalent experience. Masters degree in business, statistics, social science, related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- Excellent management, project management, organizational, analytical , technical, planning and decision-making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and effectively communicate across various business lines at different levels within the organization.
- Understand the RBWM strategy and collaborate with the business to accomplish this strategy.
- Demonstrated business knowledge.
- Sound understanding of the customer segments and the competitive market.
- Understand and interpret complex business and risk requirements.
- Proven ability to prioritise competing demands.
Job Field : Analytics
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 07-Feb-2017, 09:07:52 Unposting Date : 21-Feb-2017, 23:59:00