- Schedules workload and sets priorities
- Provides expertise in assessment, analysis, evaluation of alternatives and resolution of issues and problems in assigned areas
- Liaises and coordinates with internal and external groups on resolution of problems
- Recommends preventative solutions to mitigate recurrence of similar problems
- Develops and recommends improvements to current environment, policies and processes
- Acquires and disposes of hardware and software
- Configures network and server related hardware and software
- Monitors and maintains access and security of data and infrastructure
- Configuration of server hardware and software
- Advises desktop configuration management teams on hardware and software technologies and deployment alternatives
- Advises network management teams on hardware and software technologies, connectivity and backup and recovery alternatives
- Advises security management and control teams on security related technologies and access control alternatives
- Performs capacity planning
- Prepares training material for coaching clients
- Provides training to clients in use of technology
- Prepares statistics and drafts summary reports
- Prepares documentation to facilitate transfer of knowledge
- Supports the centralized management of access control
- Installs and rolls out application, hardware and/or software and takes inventory of such assets
- Travels to off-site locations
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Extensive experience in a client support function, including desk-side and telephone support for high profile clients.
- Considerable experience supporting business applications and hardware such as Windows 7/ Windows 10, Microsoft Office 2013, Adobe, Cisco phones, Blackberry, Samsung and iPhone wireless devices, multi-functional printers, etc.
- Experience using litigation support and e-discovery software, e.g. Summation.
- Experience providing technical support in areas relating to the operation of various wireless, mobile and remote access technology e.g. WiFi, VPN remote access, etc…
- Possession of a valid Ontario Driver’s Licence Class “G” and the ability to pass the test for and be qualified to receive a City of Toronto’s Driver Permit and meet all conditions set out in the City of Toronto’s Drivers Manual.
You must also have:
- Excellent organizational, conceptual, analytical, problem solving and multi-tasking skills with the ability to set priorities, co-ordinate a diverse workload and meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills to provide troubleshooting support, prepare technical documentation and reports on problems and to deal effectively with staff at all levels within the organization.
- Proven commitment to delivering superior customer service, performance quality and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a dynamic team setting and/or project environment.
- Ability to lift/move equipment/boxes up to 40lbs.
- Ability to report to various work sites.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
To avoid any delays in the recruitment process, if you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, you must provide your accommodation needs in advance. You may also be required to submit adequate medical/other documentation to Human Resources to support your request for accommodation.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: