· Assists with skill analysis and development, of the offensive and overall team strategy.
· Analyze and prepare film for practice, off-field film sessions for Offense team and Manager Football Operations.
· In conjunction with other offensive coaches and Manager of Football Operations, Assistant Coach collaborates on game day planning and strategy.
· Prepares written and multimedia practice planning materials for Offensive units.
· In consultation with the Manager, Football Operations and Manager, Interuniversity Sport Programs, develop and implement services that appropriately support the Football Program, including: fundraising, student-athlete recruitment services; and student-athlete support services (academic, health, and personal);
· Conduct Individual skill analyses and student athlete development.
Training Program and Special Event Coordination
· Coordination of the off season training program, spring interuniversity camp
· Assists with and schedules the August training camp schedule which includes training camp meal and Residence timetable.
· Assists with the coordination/communication of recruiting events and game scouting including fundraising events such as Laurier Football Dinner and Adopt a Hawk
· Carries out special projects as assigned by Manager Football Operations and Head Coach.
Athlete Recruitment and Student Athlete Development
· Assists Head Coach with student-athlete recruitment efforts through the scheduling and coordination of on campus visits with other academic units and student services within Laurier, while being in compliance with USports and OUA regulations
· In conjunction with the Manager, Interuniversity Sport Programs, develop and implement services that appropriately support the student athlete development of the football program in the classroom and community, including: fundraising, student-athlete recruitment services; and student-athlete support services (academic, health, and personal);
· Contacts up to 200 potential student athletes annually.