About the Organization
Piruqsaijit Ltd. is a leading property management company located in beautiful Rankin Inlet, Nunavut. With an employee base of 15, the company has a close-knit team culture and focuses on providing top notch service to the Nunavut area.
About the Opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Controller with in-depth knowledge of all aspects of accounting to join our team in Rankin Inlet, Nunavut.
In this role, you will be responsible for a number of assistant controller functions. Reporting to the Controller, you will assist with:
- All monthly accounting functions for preparation, review, monitoring and reporting on the following: Accounts Payable, Receivables, General Ledger
- Performing monthly bank reconciliations and other monthly accounting reconciliations as appropriate.
- Performing monthly recurring journal entries (e.g. loans, cost allocations).
- Preparing analyses of balance sheet accounts and certain revenue and expense accounts.
- Performing monthly financial audits
- Providing technical support for accounting program software
- Governmental reporting and submissions
- Preparing and monitoring Budgets and Expenses
- Financial reporting to Owners and Directors
- Helping to manage rental agreements with the Property Manager
- Assisting in the development, creation and implementation of policies and procedures where and as required
- Helping to perform the year-end audit closing and prepare all necessary audit working papers.
- Working with front desk staff as needed on financial projects
- Other related duties and support as assigned by the Financial Controller
- Performing other duties as directed by the General Manager
In this dynamic role, you will also need to build strong relationships within the community and consistently demonstrate tact, discretion, and sound judgment. Exceptional interpersonal skills along with strong cultural sensitivity and understanding
will be the key to your success in this role.
The Ideal Candidate
For this role, we are seeking an accomplished finance professional or well-experienced accountant with a minimum of three (3) years experience in a full-cycle accounting role. Experience in a role directly performing auditing services would be considered an asset for this role.
In addition to the above requirements, our ideal candidate will also possess the following:
- A University degree in Accounting, Business Administration/Commerce or a related discipline
- A financial or accounting designation
- Proficiency in budget preparation, supporting working papers and preparing year-end audit working papers.
- Experience with computerized accounting systems (SAGE) as well as MS Office with proficiency in using Excel.
Most importantly, you must be self-reliant but also capable of working within a team, have demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, have a real interest in living in the North and be able to handle a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
About the Benefits
In exchange for all your hard work on the job, you will receive a highly competitive salarydepending on skills and experience.
In addition, you will also benefit from receiving:
- Northern living allowance
- Relocation assistance (up to $3000)
- Travel allowance (up to $3000)
- Subsidized housing
- Furniture allowance
- 50% discount on airfare in and out of Rankin Inlet
- RRSP contribution of 10% of base salary
- RRSP matching of up to a further 8% of base salary
Upon joining our team, you will be welcomed in a tight-knit community located in one of the Province’s most pristine locations. With numerous lifestyle benefits, including a host of outdoor pursuits, you will also have the opportunity to enjoy life in one of Northern Canada’s most beautiful destinations.
If have what it takes and want to take on a challenge, then we invite you to apply today!
For more info and to apply see: http://jobs.applyfirst.ca/jobs/96470