Associate Director, Individual Giving
Indspire is an Indigenous-led registered charity that invests in the education of Indigenous people for the long term benefit of these individuals, their families and communities, and Canada. With the support of its funding partners, Indspire disburses financial awards, delivers programs, and shares resources with the goal of closing the gap in Indigenous education. Through the Indspire Institute, it provides resources to educators, communities, and other stakeholders who are committed to improving kindergarten to grade 12 success for Indigenous youth. Since its inception in 1985, Indspire has disbursed almost $79 million through close to 25,000 scholarships and bursaries to Indigenous students, making it the largest funder of Indigenous education outside the federal government. Each year, the organization presents the Indspire Awards, a gala celebration of the successes achieved by Indigenous people that is broadcast nationally.
The mandate of the new Associate Director, Individual Giving will be to direct and manage all aspects of Indspire’s multi-channel Individual Giving program for donors (<$10,000), including direct response mail, tele-fundraising, online and third party fundraising initiatives to greatly expand the number of individual Canadians supporting Indspire’s mission and mandate. Reporting to the Director, Individual Giving, you will play a key role in the development and execution of all annual giving revenue programs and initiatives aimed at engaging individual donors, as well as the cultivation and solicitation of leadership giving donors at the $1,000 to $9,999 level. In addition, you will manage permanent and temporary staff, along with volunteers, to ensure successful execution of fundraising and stewardship strategies, and work closely with other Indspire departments in order to achieve organization-wide and department goals.
The position responsibilities of the Associate Director, Individual Giving include:
- Reports to and works closely with the Director, Individual Giving to develop and execute all annual giving revenue programs and initiatives aimed at engaging and involving individual donors with the goal of moving them toward major and planned gifts.
- Directs and manages all aspects of Indspire’s Individual Giving program for donors (<$10,000) including; direct response mail, tele-fundraising, converting single gift donors to monthly donors, upgrades, renewals, online and third party fundraising initiatives.
- Develops and executes an annual online fundraising strategy to ensure Indspire is maximizing industry best practices and techniques surrounding web-based fundraising.
- Manages and directs the annual staff and board campaign.
- Provides management of permanent and temporary staff, along with development volunteers, to ensure successful execution of fundraising and stewardship strategies, data entry and timely acknowledgement based on Indspire’s standards.
- Provides support for individual major gifts and planned giving programs under the direction of the Director, Individual Giving, including identifying possible major gift, and planned giving prospects.
- Provides up to date reporting and analysis of results for senior managers or other colleagues and recommends changes as required to maximize annual giving revenues.
- Provides superior stewardship and donor customer service, through both written and verbal communications in response to donor and prospect queries for all donors <$10,000.
- Develops, directs and oversees the donor services functions of Indspire including, tax receipting, donor acknowledgement and thank you letters, reporting, records and file management.
- Manages the individual donor stewardship cycle by ensuring donations are acknowledged in a timely and personal manner with receipts, correspondence, phone calls and other communications for all individual donors.
- Assists the Director, Individual Giving, in the planning of donor cultivation events.
- Provides support as required in the planning and execution of Individual Major and Planned Giving programs.
- Attends functions as appropriate to promote Indspire to donors and prospects.
- Post secondary degree or equivalent.
- A minimum of five years’ experience of demonstrated success in fundraising in the not-for-profit sector with a focus on individual giving (multi-channel fundraising).
- A solid understanding of the fund development and moves management process.
- Working towards or having attained CFRE an asset.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and public relations skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all donors, volunteers and other stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects, deadlines and priorities.
- Collaborative team player that displays initiative.
- Highly computer literate and the ability to work effectively with fundraising software to drive results.
- Ability to work with sensitive information with complete confidentiality.
- Knowledge of the Indigenous community is an asset.
- Occasional travel between Six Nations and Toronto offices is required.
- Ability to work in French is an asset.
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends and be willing to travel within Canada.
The duties within this job description can be amended from time to time.
How to Apply
This is a full-time position and will be based in Indspire’s Toronto office. The salary range is $68,239 to $85,299 with a great benefit package, including pension plan. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. To learn more about Indspire, visit indspire.ca.
To apply, please forward your resume, and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to inquire on a confidential basis, please call Donna Hall at 647-383-8792. All qualified candidates will be contacted directly. No agency calls please.
Deadline for Applications: January 30, 2017