Sudden Impact Auto Body & Repair Ltd.
Unit 1 12372 82A Ave Surrey BC V3W 0L6
Salary: $24.00 per hour for 35 hours per week
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
NOC Group: Motor Vehicle Body Repairers (7322)
NOC Job Title: Autobody Mechanic
At Sudden Impact Autobody & Repairs Ltd, We Provide auto body collision and repair service on both foreign and domestic automobiles the quality that the Sudden Impact Auto Body family prides it self on is that their customers leave the shop satisfied.
We currently have employment opportunities for three Autobody Mechanics to start as soon as possible with a rewarding career.
- Professionally repair and restore damaged motor vehicle body parts and interior finishing; repaint body surfaces; and repair and/or replace automotive glass
- Carefully review damage reports and estimates of repair cost and plan work to be performed
- Repair and replace front end components, body components, doors and frame and underbody components
- Hammer out dents, buckles and other defects using blocks and hammers
- Operate soldering equipment or use plastic filler to fill holes, dents and seams
- Remove damaged fenders, panels and grills using wrenches and cutting torch and bolt or weld replacement parts into place
- Straighten bent frames using frame and underbody pulling and anchoring equipment
- File, grind and sand repaired body surfaces using hand and power tools
- Mask and tape auto body surfaces in preparation for painting
- Mix paint, blend and match colours
- Apply primers and repaint surfaces using brush or spray guns
- Repair and replace glass components such as windshields, windows and sunroofs
- Repair or replace interior components, such as seat frame assembly, carpets and floorboard insulation
- Inspect repaired vehicles and test drive vehicles for proper handling.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- Completion of a 3-4 year motor vehicle body repair apprenticeship program or 3-5 year of experience in the trade is required.
- Satisfactory level of English is also required.
- Class 5 driving license from ICBC (or equivalent from elsewhere) is desirable, but not mandatory.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, perform repetitive tasks in efficient manner
- As per mutual agreement and BC Employment standards act 4% vacation pay of the gross salary will be paid each pay period or 10 days of paid vacation annually.
How to Apply
- Fax: (604) 507- 2249
- Mail: Unit 1 12372 82A Ave Surrey BC V3W 0L6