- If successful for this temporary work opportunity or assignment, permanent employees who choose to accept said assignment and are members of Local 416 will not retain their permanent status or permanent position and will become a temporary employee.
- At the end of the temporary work opportunity/assignment, permanent employees will be laid off as a temporary employee and will be subject to the filling of temporary work opportunities/assignments and recall rights in the Local 416 Collective Agreement as a temporary employee.
- Successful candidates are required to complete the full duration of the temporary work opportunity/assignment
- Temporary employees who are members of Local 416, who have made a commitment to a seasonal/non-seasonal opportunity/assignment through the Work Selection process, are eligible to apply and be considered for an assessment only. Temporary employees who are deemed qualified through the assessment process with have their “Personal Work Selection List” (PSWL) updated for the period of time the assessment is valid
- This temporary work opportunity or assignment may be subject to bumping in accordance with the “LETTER OF AGREEMENT for Temporary Work Opportunities/Assignments” under the TCEU Local 416 Memorandum of Settlement
- Maintains and repairs City vehicles and equipment and utilizes a variety of hand and power tools and equipment
- Performs overhaul, engine tune-ups etc.
- Diagnoses and effects repairs of transmissions, clutches, front/rear axles, differentials, brake systems, drive lines, etc. Contacts suppliers regarding parts etc.
- Performs inspection and safety checks
- May be required to provide work direction and training to other staff
- May be required to tow disabled vehicles and equipment and make road service repairs
- Performs a variety of skilled work not requiring the service of other licensed trades
- Maintains accurate records
- Operates vehicles to move in and out of garage, do road tests and road repairs
- Ensures that health and safety regulations are met
- Performs other related work as assigned
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Must possess a current Ontario Government Certificate of Qualification – Truck and Coach Technician (310T) and Automotive Service Technician (310S).
- Considerable experience in all aspects of the maintenance and repair of vehicles and equipment.
- Extensive repair experience on trucks, diesel engines, air systems gasoline and alternate fuel engines.
- Must possess and be able to maintain a valid Province of Ontario, Class “D” Driver’s License (with “Z” endorsement) and must qualify for the City’s equipment operating permits and requirements.
You must also have:
- Must be familiar with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the regulations that apply to this work.
- Must be physically capable of performing required duties.
- Must possess own tools.
- Must be able to work shift/weekend/overtime/on call duty.
Please note that all applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume or to the one used to set-up their Candidate Profile if applying on TalentFlow. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We will provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto’s Accommodation Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the City’s hiring process.
If you are invited to participate in an assessment process, kindly provide your accommodation needs in advance. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job ID #2262057 and the job classification title.
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: