- Saskatchewan NationTalk
- Quebec NationTalk
- Sand Box Site
- Ontario NationTalk
- North of 60 NationTalk
- British Columbia NationTalk
- Manitoba NationTalk
- Atlantic NationTalk
- Alberta NationTalk
AVP, Corporate Banking : 00008LE7
AVP, Corporate Banking : 00008LE7
Employment Type: Regular
HSBC corporate consists of c. 60,000 Mastergroups in the Large Corporate (LC) and Middle Market Enterprise (MME) segments and represents CMB’s largest and more complex customers. On a per average customer revenue basis, Corporate customers are also CMB’s most profitable customers. CMB Corporate provides standard commercial banking products (working capital finance, short-term loans, deposits, payments etc.) in conjunction with product specialists (e.g. PCM, Global Banking and Markets, Insurance, Trade & Receivables Finance), Corporate Banking provides both domestic and cross-border banking solutions including Cash Management, Trade Services, Insurance, Investment Banking and advisory services.
The roleholder is expected to acquire, retain, and grow Large Corporate (LC) CMB customer relationships for HSBC while adhering to the Group values, business strategy, operational policies, regulatory requirements and risk management practices. The LC segment is core to Commercial Banking and this position is required to maximize the value of these relationships internationally by working closely with group offices and product partners. International revenue will form a primary part of the total revenue.
Impact on the Business
- Grow sustainable revenues from the existing customer portfolio and through targeted acquisition of new quality customers.
- Ensure proactive and aggressive relationship building/customer contact plans and pipeline management for both existing and new customers, to deepen penetration for customer wallet.
- Generate quality assets through the use of appropriate risk management tools, priced appropriately for risk and ensure superior returns within customers risk appetite.
- Structure credit facilities to ensure optimum balance between customer and HSBC interests while remaining within the bounds of prudent banking.
- Proactively grow international/cross border revenue to achieve the CMB LIB objective.
- Ensure timely and accurate maintenance of customer information on HORIS, Client Vision and CARM and other systems as required
- Maintain uptodate and accurate deal pipeline on CV
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell group product and services as appropriate and ensure this is concluded successfully for the Bank and the customer.
- Develop effective strategies to manage customer relationships, anticipate customer needs and provide a superior quality service to position HSBC as the market leader in this segment.
- Drive growth in liabilities as required.
- Monitor their client portfolio regularly to ensure that the return is commensurate with the risk profile of the client. Take timely and proactive corrective action to mitigate potential losses and maximize profitability.
- Generate referrals for other Global Businesses, e.g. Private Banking, GBM, RBWM, as appropriate.
- Keep abreast of external factors influencing international business e.g. economic, cultural, geographical, procedural and regulatory requirements.
Customers / Stakeholders
- Establish an effective working relationship with Risk Management teams, in order to validate the accuracy of the customer risk profile, and ensure sustainable asset growth.
- Maintain a proactive calling programme to service clients, ensuring senior management and key stakeholders for large corporate clients are contacted regularly.
- Ensure a quality service for all customers by owning customer engagement, ensuring service excellence at all times, for all aspects of any customer, prospect or professional’s interaction with HSBC
- Help the customer to draw on the HSBC group network by working closely with other CMB countries and product groups (GTRF, PCM and GBM).
- Ensure client plans are co-ordinated and Client Service teams are in place with product partners
- Prepare detailed client plans, where applicable with product partners, annually for all customers in the LC segment recording objectives, plans and call reports within ClientVision which should include detailed Client Profiling, Wallet Sizing, defining Critical Account Objectives (CAOs).
- Ensure early identification of problem relationships and take action where there are potential and existing problem accounts to protect HSBC interests.
- Be an ambassador for HSBC and develop the bank’s profile in the local ‘International Business’ community.
- Work in partnership with colleagues across the HSBC network to deliver exceptional standards and quality of service
- Ensure fairness in all aspects of strategy, product design & delivery, customer literature & correspondence, financial promotions, administration and complaint handling.
- Participate in internal and external business events, road shows and seminars as required by the business.
- Coordinate/participate/pull product partners into the relationship to ensure appropriate coverage by product partners and alignment to agreed account objectives
Leadership & Teamwork
- Lead and manage the client relationship as a Global Relationship Manager.
- Lead, inspire and motivate junior colleagues to ensure a seamless relationship management service is delivered.
- Provide active feedback to seniors on process, operations, risks etc., and make recommendation as to how these can be changed to secure the customer and the bank.
- Enhance the Bank’s image in the marketplace to build key relationships with third parties.
- Live the Group values
- Act as an ambassador for the team and contribute fully to its development, effectiveness and success.
- Support new and existing colleagues promoting and contributing to an engagement culture.
- Coach and provide development support to other RMs and support officers, taking a genuine interest in their progression
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Adhere to structures and processes in place for the management of credit, operational, reputation and regulatory risk.
- Complete, timely, and in-depth evaluations or reviews of financial and operating risks for all credit facilities, in order to ensure usage is in accordance with approved terms and conditions.
- Ensure credit and operational quality is not compromised in the pursuit of income
- Ensure operational losses and fraud are minimised
- Respond within agreed timelines to issues raised by audit and external regulators.
- Ensure timely and accurate maintenance of customer information, including KYC requirements, in Group systems including HORIS and Client Vision.
- Resolve any/all identified issues promptly, and escalate concerns to management as appropriate to ensure timely awareness of any material concerns.
- Maintain and observe all HSBC control standards and implement and observe the Group Compliance Policy, including the timely implementation of recommendations made by internal/external auditors and external regulators.
- Maintain awareness of operational risk within assigned portfolio and minimise the likelihood of it occurring including its identification, assessment, mitigation and control, loss identification and reporting.
- Protect sensitive customer and bank information by ensuring documents, computers, files, and all confidential matters are appropriately handled as set forth by policy.
- Ensure all sales and prospecting activity documentation is complete to provide performance tracking and targeting future sales efforts.
- Compliance with and management of sales suitability risks and requirements
- Ensure all completed sales and prospecting activity documentation is appropriately completed, approved and stored to provide performance tracking, targeted future sales efforts and compliance with sales and transactional suitability guidelines and requirements
- Winning and retaining business in challenging and competitive market environments.
- Identifying, presenting, and implementing most appropriate solutions for sophisticated customers with complex banking needs.
- Coordinating cross-border coverage for international customers across multiple time zones, cultures, languages, and regulatory environments.
- Coordinating and leading with Product partners international product requirements for clients that can vary in each site either due to different product offerings or because of customer needs
- Constant vigilance in identifying and mitigating financial, operational, fraud risks.
- CMB is at the heart of the Group’s strategy to be the Leading International Bank. Within this framework CMB is positioned as the Leading International Trade and Business Bank. The remit of this role covers our top-end international corporate businesses. The business operates in a highly competitive banking environment competing for international business where we have a “right to win”. The job holder will have responsibility for complex deal structuring.
- Environment of the job:. As such, the jobholder will be competing in a highly competitive environment against many locally-established financial institutions and possibly a number of national competitors.
- Guidance and authority; The jobholder will report to the Senior Manager Corporate Banking I/IIand is given authority to plan, initiate, develop, and drive the initiatives for their client portfolio. They will be responsible for the profitability and performance of their assigned portfolio.
Management of Risk
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organisation.
- The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology. Additionally they will ensure they effectively manage sales suitability, money laundering, counter terrorist financing, fraud, and reputational risk.
- This will be achieved by ensuring all actions take account of the likelihood of operational risk occurring. Also by addressing any areas of concern in conjunction with line management and/or the appropriate department.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by following relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
- The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- Minimum of 6+ years experience in managing complex commercial relationships with international needs
- Robust commercial lending, risk assessment, trade finance experience, in-depth knowledge of deposit products and of the concept of cashflows
- Good level of business acumen and commercial awareness, including economic, cultural, procedural and regulatory issues
- Experience in structuring complex credit deals for clients and close engagement with Global Banking and Markets products
- Ability to interact with business customers at all levels
- Good commercial lending, risk assessment, trade finance experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent time management, planning and organisation skills
- Excellent range of communication skills, including written, verbal, and the ability to deliver compelling presentations
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong credit assessment skills, particularly with regard to more complex and structured facilities with an international dimension
- Proven ability to deliver creative and flexible customer solutions.
- Knowledge of how LC clients operate
- Knowledge of Trade, PCM, GB&M, RBWM, and GPB products and capabilities
- Robust understanding of client planning methodology
- Knowledge of group systems, including CARM, ClientVision, HORIS, Global Links and GRPT
- Knowledge of CMB policies and procedures as per CMB FIM
- Wide personal connections within the group and outside the group (chambers of commerce and other associations
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, accounting or related fields
Job Field : Commercial Banking
Primary Location : North America-Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
Job Posting : 24-Jan-2017, 16:08:12 Unposting Date : 03-Feb-2017, 02:59:00
This article comes from NationTalk:
The permalink for this story is: