*prepare dough for pies, bread rolls and sweet goods, batters for muffins, cookies, cakes icings and frostings according to recipes or special customer orders.
* Operate machinery.
* Bake mixed doughs and batters
* Frost and decorate cakes and other baked goods.
* Ensure quality of products meets established standards.
* Draw up production schedules to determine type and
quantity of goods to provide.
* Purchase baking supplies.
* May oversee sales and merchandising of baked goods.
* May hire, train and supervise baking personnel and kitchen staff.
* Completion of secondary school is usually required.
* Completion of a three or four year apprenticeship program for bakers.
* Completion of a college or other program for bakers is usually required.
* On-the -job training might be provided.
* Trade certification is available, but voluntary, in British Columbia.