Disability Case Specialist
Management Band 1
This position may be located in Kamloops, Vancouver, or Victoria.
This position is excluded from union membership.
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent or temporary vacancies.
It’s your time to Achieve, Excel and Succeed in this career building role
The Workplace Health and Safety Branch (WHS) provides province-wide services for health planning and promotion, occupational safety, occupational health and rehabilitation, and disability plan administration within the BC Public Service, through regional offices in Vancouver, Victoria, and Kamloops. The mandate of WHS is to build workforce safety and health by delivering services and information to public service managers and employees supporting them to manage their health and improve workforce productivity.
Under the direction of the Manager, Disability Plan Performance, the Disability Case Specialist provides expert advice, direction, and resources to managers and employees regarding early intervention and return to work for short and long-term health-related absences. The aim is to support a healthy and safe workforce, to help ill and injured employees return to sustainable work as quickly and as safely as possible, to improve accountability for and management of health-related absences in the public service, and to mitigate disability costs and claims.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Angela.Arkell@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
• Degree in Disability Management, Human Resources, or related field, and two years’ recent related work experience* in disability case management; OR
• Post-secondary diploma/certificate in Disability Management, Human Resources or related field, and four years’ recent related work experience* in disability case management; OR
• An equivalent combination of education and experience* may be considered.
* Work experience includes the application of best practices in disability case management, early intervention and return to work planning from a behavioural approach, not a clinical or medical approach. Experience in the coordination of expert resources to support case resolution and in negotiating solutions to complex problems.
• Preference may be given to applicants with experience developing and delivering presentations and leading discussions and consultations.
• Preference may be given to applicants with experience analyzing client data and trends, identifying business challenges and issues, and recommending strategies.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
CRC – A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES – You will be required to answer a standard questionnaire.