Engagement and Event Specialist
Management Band 1
This position is excluded from union membership.
An eligibility list may be established.
Combine your client service, stakeholder engagement and strategic planning skills in this challenging role
As part of the Policy, Innovation and Engagement Division of the BC Public Service Agency, the Public Service, Engagement and Corporate Initiatives (PSECI) branch leads and coordinates corporate engagement projects and internal communications. PSECI provides overall program design, development and implementation of corporate engagement programs and projects – including corporate recognition programs – as well as strategic communications, writing, online communications, and multimedia production.
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Engagement Initiatives, this position is accountable for delivering the development and implementation of corporate engagement and recognition programs and projects. An experienced planner, you have a solid background in employee engagement and recognition, and you are able to develop complex plans, monitor and adjust work to accomplish organizational goals as needed. As a proven relationship-builder, you use excellent communication and interpersonal skills to develop partnerships, collaborate with stakeholders across government and influence positive outcomes.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Jeanne.Holliss@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in business administration, communications, project management or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and professional experience may be considered.
- Minimum of three years’ experience, working with senior leaders in your organization.
- Experience with corporate program delivery and large-scale event management.
- Experience implementing diverse corporate initiatives to support organizational objectives and engage employees.
- Experience with employee and/or stakeholder communications.
- Experience with multimedia, social media and different technologies which may be used to support program delivery.
- Preference may be given to applicants who have experience working with detailed information and numerical data and presenting it in a way that is easily understood by people at different levels in the organization.
- Preference may be given to applicants with video production experience.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO
Resume: YES – A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.