Management Band 1
This posting is to establish an eligibility list for future permanent and/or temporary opportunities.
The immediate need is for a temporary opportunity until August 28, 2020.
This position is excluded from union membership.
A similar position, BAND1 Videographer, is also available. If you are interested, please review and apply through REQ58690.
If you’re a creative storyteller who’s passionate about engaging with diverse audiences across the province, we want to hear from you!
The Public Service Engagement and Corporate Initiatives branch (PSECI) leads and coordinates corporate internal communications and employee engagement, including writing and editorial services, graphic design, digital communications, recognition and events, and multimedia production.
Within PSECI, the multimedia specialist produces creative and engaging multimedia projects that showcase the breadth and diversity of work going on in the BC Public Service and instil pride in our employees. The team produces high quality video, audio, photography and live streaming events for internal audiences and clients, and is committed to innovation and keeping up with modern workplace trends to keep the stories compelling and creative.
Reporting to the Manager, the multimedia specialist supports the planning and delivery of content in a variety of video and multimedia formats. Working with a team of like-minded creative storytellers, the multimedia specialist creates engaging and entertaining visuals for programs and individual projects with a strong focus on the @Work corporate intranet and Premier’s Awards program. The multimedia specialist also provides support and technical solutions for live events.
With a keen eye for detail, strong teamwork and excellent technical knowledge, the ideal candidate will have the vision to innovate and lead visual communications within the BC Public Service.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Stacie.Mitchell@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Diploma or higher in communications or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in editing video communications. Preference may be given to applicants with three or more years’ experience.
- A minimum one year of professional experience in communications. Preference may be given to applicants with two or more years’ experience.
- Preference may be given to candidates with professional photography experience.
- Preference may be given to candidates with live broadcast experience.
- Preference may be given to candidates with experience with video production.
- Valid FULL BC driver’s licence (minimum class 5), or an equivalent class driver’s licence from another province or jurisdiction (or within three months of hire) is asset. Please note that this may be verified at the end of the competition.
* Learners “L” and Novice “N” licence does not meet the job requirement.
- To travel throughout the province as required.
- To drive a vehicle to travel as required.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Online Questionnaire: YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.