Senior Store Manager – Park Royal
Management Band 1
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch is one of Canada’s largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol. This exciting career opportunity calls for a strong retail leader who is motivated by challenge, thrives on building positive working relationships with customers and staff, and has a proven track record in the achievement of financial goals.
Under the general direction of the Regional Manager, the Senior Store Manager is accountable for the retail operation of a high-volume multi-shift ($8 million+ annual sales, average 900 daily sales transactions) BC Liquor Store.
The Senior Store Manager guides other leaders to inspire top performance from their teams by providing leadership and direction to create a high-performing work environment that maximizes sales, controls costs through effective resource planning and inventory control and maintains a high level of customer centric focus. This position leads by example and seeks solutions and results that improve processes and surpass standards to drive the business in the BC Liquor Store. This position fosters growth amongst staff by providing coaching and encouragement with clear communications and builds success for the business by encouraging team members to consistently provide exceptional customer service and drive results.
This position may require lifting liquor cases up to 50 lbs. to varying heights, standing for extended periods of time and performing warehouse duties including frequent bending and standing. Incumbents may also operate a variety of mechanical and hand-operated equipment.
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications, and competencies. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process. Please note that a cover letter is a requirement for this competition.
Lesser qualified candidates may be considered.
A criminal record check will be required. An eligibility list may be established. Position is excluded from union membership.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Human Resources by phone at 604-252-3240. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Visit Careers at www.bcliquorstores.com
I certify that all information submitted is true, complete and correct. I understand that any information provided by me in my application, any assessment documents or processes and/or an interview that is found to be false or misrepresented in any respect, may eliminate me from further consideration for employment or may result in my dismissal.
To be considered for this position, applicants must clearly indicate that they have the following:
- Degree, diploma or certificate in business or retail management, or related field.
- Successful completion of supervisory courses.
Recent, Related Experience:
- Two years’ experience as a Manager or Assistant Manager in a +$3.5 million annual retail sales environment in the last 5 years. (must not be in a relief capacity)
- Experience with KPI’s and Visual Presentation Standards
Recent, related experience must include:
- Customer centric focused service delivery.
- Experience providing supervision and direction to direct reports.
- Experience managing the assets of a business.
*Recent experience is defined as occurring within the past 5 years.
- Point of Sale and/or Inventory Management system applications.
- Strong leadership skills, with an emphasis on managing, training, coaching and mentoring all individuals within a team. Ability to train and develop staff to meet goals and give clear direction on assigned duties and performance expectations.
- Strong, decisive, action-oriented, decision making and/ or recommendation abilities. Ability to read, analyze and apply a variety of financial data in order to make appropriate business decisions. Ability to develop budgets, monitor and control employment costs and inventory levels ensuring budget targets are met.
- Superior analytical abilities with the ability to conceptualize and implement actions.
- The ability to conduct gap analysis and formulate appropriate strategies and initiatives. Ability to provide input on programs, policies and initiatives to drive business results.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to changing environments and possess expertise and confidence to lead change.
- Ability to adapt to change and lead change management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels within an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with direct reports/customers/clients, government stakeholders and the Union.