Management Band 1
This posting is to establish an eligibility list for future permanent and/or temporary vacancies.
The immediate needs are two temporary opportunities until August 28, 2020.
This position is excluded from union membership.
A similar position, BAND1 Multimedia Specialist, is also available. If you are interested, please review and apply through REQ58691.
If you’re a creative storyteller who’s passionate about engaging with diverse audiences across the province, we want to hear from you!
The Public Service Engagement and Corporate Initiatives branch (PSECI) leads and coordinates corporate internal communications and employee engagement, including writing and editorial services, graphic design, digital communications, recognition and events, and multimedia production.
Within PSECI, the audio video operations team produces creative and engaging multimedia projects that showcase the breadth and diversity of work going on in the BC Public Service and instil pride in our employees. The team produces high quality video, audio, photography and live streaming events for internal audiences and clients and is committed to innovation and keeping up with modern workplace trends to keep the stories compelling and creative.
Reporting to the Manager of audio video operations, the videographer supports the planning and delivery of visually compelling content in a variety of video and multimedia formats. Able to take initiative and work collaboratively with internal team members and ministry clients alike, the videographer leads video and other creative projects. This involves managing projects from pre-production concept and planning, through shooting and production, to post-production editorial and packaging.
Adaptable and team-oriented, the videographer is able to effectively direct multiple participants to achieve a high-quality video shoot within a limited timeframe. The videographer is just as happy travelling and working independently in the field, as stepping in to support a variety of PSECI communications assignments as required.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Stacie.Mitchell@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Diploma or higher in communications or a related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- A minimum of one year’s experience in professional communications. Preference may be given to candidates with two or more years of experience.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in filming and editing video communications. Preference may be given to candidates with three or more years of experience.
- Valid FULL BC driver’s licence (minimum class 5), or an equivalent class driver’s license from another province or jurisdiction (or within three months of hire). Please note that this will be verified at the end of the competition. * Learners “L” and Novice “N” licence does not meet the job requirement.
- Preference may be given to candidates with DSLR photography experience.
- Preference may be given to candidates with live broadcast experience.
- Preference may be given to candidates with previous corporate or internal communications experience.
- Must be willing and able to physically lift/carry heavy equipment (20 pounds) over a variety of different landscapes.
- Must be willing and able to travel extensively throughout the province during the spring and summer including some evenings and weekend departures.
- Must be willing to travel throughout the province on a regular basis utilizing a variety of travel modes such as air travel, car, public transit, etc.
- Must be willing and able to conduct field work which may include outside work in inclement weather.
- Must be willing and able to drive a vehicle in varied weather conditions.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Online Questionnaire: YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.