Contract Performance Manager
Management Band 2
An eligibility list may be established.
This position is excluded from union membership.
Please Note: This is an ongoing posting without a scheduled close date. The posting close date will be added to the posting minimum 2 weeks prior to the posting close date. Applications will be reviewed on a bi-weekly basis.
Bring your vision, leadership and strategic planning skills to this important role
The Real Property Division (RPD), within the Ministry of Citizens’ Services, is responsible for the Province’s real estate portfolio (excluding schools, post-secondary and hospitals), office space inventory, furniture procurement, project and construction management, and real estate services for special-purpose facilities (such as courthouses, laboratories and correctional facilities). RPD serves the needs of over 26,000 public servants in the British Columbia Public Service and many more in the broader public sector. RPD’s real estate portfolio has almost 14 million square feet of space, comprised of 7.7 million in approximately 477 owned buildings and 6.3 million in 593 leased buildings.
Facilities Contract Management Branch (FCM) manages key facilities Alternative Service Delivery (ASD) contracts for the Province of British Columbia and facilitates interactions between Service Providers, the clients (other Ministries and broader public sector), and RPD. FCM provides corporate leadership and expert knowledge on contract management; develops the division’s knowledge base for contract management and audit performance.
Reporting to the Director, Governance, the Contract Performance Manager (CPM) is a contract management specialist responsible for managing and monitoring the overall business and contractual relationship between RPD, Service Providers and the Province’s clients through a variety of initiatives that impact the delivery of facilities management services. The CPM uses sound judgement to resolve escalating issues and maintains confidentiality on sensitive matters. Work is carried out in a fast-paced environment where client relations, tact, diplomacy and short-term planning are essential.
The Contract Performance Manager (CPM) contributes to and leads the development and enhancement of FCM Branch business processes to ensure efficiency and effectiveness in the implementation of operational plans and priorities, while integrating operational efficiencies in day-to-day practices. The CPM contributes to triple bottom line outcomes of sustainability (economic, social, environmental or ecological) to evaluate performance from a broad perspective to create value.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Brian.Cooper@gov.bc.ca DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Once the closing date is determined, applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Degree in a related discipline (e.g. contract management, financial management, public administration, and/or business administration, etc.) with a minimum 2 years’ related experience; OR
- Diploma in a related discipline (e.g. contract management, financial management, public administration, and/or business administration, etc.) with a minimum 4 years’ related experience.; OR
- Certificate, post-secondary education, and/or training in a related discipline (e.g. contract management, financial management, public administration, and/or business administration, etc.) with a minimum 5 years’ related experience. An equivalent combination of education and experiences may be considered.
Related Experience must include all of the following:
- Experience monitoring the provision of contracted outsourced Service Providers, contracted and staff resources, procured service delivery agents and/or contracted vendors, including performance evaluation.
- Experience identifying and understanding business issues, processes and outcomes, and business implications of decisions that impact the terms and conditions of contractual requirements with contracted outsourced Service Providers, contracted and staff resources, procured service delivery agents and/or contracted vendors.
- Experience in financial reporting and analysis, documenting financial work processes, developing standard operating procedures to support business continuity, and ensuring financial controls meet corporate governance requirements.
- Experience working under strict timelines, balancing conflicting priorities and meeting shifting demands to support senior management and executive.
- Experience developing and maintaining working relationships with stakeholders and identifying systemic issues that impact stakeholder business requirements.
- Experience providing advice and recommendations, stakeholder coordination, and resolving business inconsistencies to support senior management and executive.
- Experience leading and facilitating teams, and monitoring, measuring and reporting outcomes to support organizational priorities.
- Experience in the supervision of multi-disciplinary staff.
- Experience working with technology tools, including web-based and enterprise-wide applications, including: MS suite of desktop applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Outlook, Lync).
Preference may be given for:
- 5 or more years of related experience.
- Experience developing, implementing and monitoring quality improvement frameworks and initiatives.
- Experience supporting and balancing requirements of internal and external clients, organizations and Service Providers, while upholding contractual requirements in a fast paced and evolving environment.
- Experience monitoring Alternative Service Delivery contracts in a public/private sector environment.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: YES – A cover letter is required as part of your application. The content and/or format of your cover letter may be evaluated as part of the assessment process.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.