***Please DO NOT apply for this position by submitting your profile on this BC Government Hiring Centre website. Applications must be made via the following directions below.***
MCCF Band 2 – Financial Auditor
Permanent Full Time Excluded Position
Salary Range: $63,200 to $87,600 Annually
+ Flexible Benefits (valued at approx. 25%)
Starting salary for this position is expected to be approximately $65,000.
We’re searching for qualified CPA’s with financial audit experience who want work that makes a difference to the people of British Columbia. If you have received your designation since 2015, you must have completed the Assurance Module.
A professional financial auditing career with the Office of the Auditor General of British Columbia provides opportunities for growth, offers a comprehensive salary, great benefits, and an excellent pension plan. We are seeking several new staff members, some for immediate appointment and some for later in the year.
This opportunity is directed to those applicants with the following education and experience:
- A professional accounting designation (CPA) and eligibility for membership in good standing in the appropriate professional association or an equivalent international designation. Applicants who have attained their CPA designation after 2015 must demonstrate the successful completion of the assurance module.
- Recent related experience conducting financial statement audits, including responsibility for managing, planning, conducting and reporting audit/assessment activities.
- Current and thorough knowledge of Canadian GAAS and GAAP
- Working knowledge and experience with ITGC standards and audit software tools is a preference.
- Working knowledge and experience with PSAS standards is also a preference.
Applicants should be aware of the following requirements:
- Travel throughout the province for up to 6 weeks a year is a requirement of the position.
- Additional hours of work will be required during peak periods.
- Although we will be interviewing and hiring throughout the posting period, a pool of qualified candidates may be established and used to staff future similar positions. We are accepting applications until 4:30 p.m. on December 31, 2019.
Please review the job description for this position carefully, and prepare your cover letter, resume and the questionnaire by clearly showing where and when you achieved the required experience. The successful applicant will have to get up to speed quickly and therefore, we will only consider those who meet all the criteria listed above.
We are not soliciting student resumes at this time. Our current search is for experienced financial auditors only. If you have submitted a resume within the past 6 months, there is no need to reapply.
Instructions on the application process can be found at: www.bcauditor.com/careers
For more information contact Amanda Van Buskirk, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Persons accepting employment with the Office of the Auditor General are subject to a police records check.
DO NOT submit your application for this position through the BC Government Hiring Centre website. Applications submitted through the BC Government Hiring Centre will not be considered.