Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis
This position is currently under classification review.
An eligibility list may be established.
Bring your financial expertise and leadership skills to this unique opportunity
To provide senior budget and financial analysis services for the Ministry of Citizens’ Services. This is a key role in the ministry to support a broad range of financial activities focused around ministry budget management, including being a key ministry contact with Treasury Board Staff.
Working within the Corporate Services Division, this role supports the ministry in monitoring and managing overall financial performance, including recommending alternative fiscal management strategies and course corrections to ensure the ministry meets its fiscal objectives and service plan targets.
A key function of this role is to review and analyze ministry financial plans and program proposals, provide advice and develop strategies to deal with risks and opportunities while interfacing with various stakeholders, including: ministry program areas and executive, Treasury Board Staff, and other ministries. Stakeholder relationship and project management skills must be utilized in this role to ensure timelines and objectives are achieved successfully on behalf of the ministry.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Tony.Dierick@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA); OR
- A related university degree such as business administration, public administration, finance, economics. For applicants with a university degree, preference may be given to applicants working towards completion of a CPA designation; OR
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered (e.g. 2-year diploma or certificate program with a financial focus, combined with a minimum of 5 years of progressive experience that demonstrates a strong financial skill set).
- Minimum 6 months of recent (within last 5 years), related experience providing financial analysis and/or policy and planning advice in one of the following areas: finance and budgeting, performance measurement/evaluation. Preference may be given to applicants with more than 6 months experience.
- Experience preparing and providing written and oral briefings to management. Preference may be given to applicants with more than 1 year experience.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.