Manager, Home Health
Management Band 2
An eligibility list may be established.
Bring your vision, leadership and strategic planning skills to this important role
Specialized Services Division is responsible for core service/policy development for specialized services (home and community care, residential care, mental health and addictions, wait times, surgical services, diagnostic imaging, cancer care) while ensuring a strong linkage to transformation activities and ensuring consistent and coordinated delivery of specialized services to patients.
In this position you will lead and manage a variety of Home and Community Care and Developmental Disability related projects and initiatives to support the health and well-being of B.C. citizens, deliver a system of responsive and effective health care services for patients across British Columbia and ensure value for money.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with beautiful beaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The BC Public Service is an inclusive and accessible employer. Please advise the hiring manager if any accommodations are required to assist you to ensure equitable participation.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Christine.A.Fraser@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business/public administration or health sciences, nursing, medicine, social sciences or related field plus 4 years of progressive and recent, related experience.
- Diploma in business/public administration or health sciences, nursing, medicine, social sciences or related field plus 5 years of progressive and recent, related experience* OR
- Secondary school graduation or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of progressive and recent, related experience*
*Recent related experience must include all of the following:
- Experience leading the management of complex, multi-year projects or project components with high public profiles, large budgets and divergent stakeholder issues. (Preference may be given to candidates with this experience in the health care sector)
- Progressive experience working collaboratively with stakeholder
- Experience in policy development, implementation and/or operationalization with developmental and/or physical disabilities.
- Preference may be given to candidates with clinical background and experience in a health care and/or social service setting.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover letter required: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume required: YES – A resume is required as part of your application, however, it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.