Manager, Planning & Risk
Management Band 2
An eligibility list may be established.
Combine your client service, stakeholder engagement and strategic planning skills in this challenging role
The Performance Management and Corporate Priorities Branch is a service-oriented team responsible for all aspects of corporate and ministry planning and reporting, the ministry’s enterprise risk management (ERM) and business continuity planning (BCP) programs, corporate continuous improvement program (Lean), occupational health and safety and ministry internal communications. The branch leads initiatives that align government’s strategic agenda with the work of the ministry. The branch provides services to clients across the ministry including senior executive, the Deputy Minister and Minister.
The Manager Planning and Risk Management, leads and delivers strategic, business and operational planning, monitoring and reporting processes that support government, ministry and corporate priorities. The Manager also leads a team responsible for managing the annual service and business planning and reporting cycle for the ministry and its crowns as well as the ministry’s enterprise risk management program.
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Kashi.Tanaka@gov.bc.ca DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to create or update your profile and how to submit your application, please refer to the Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- University degree in a related discipline, such as public policy, communications, business or public administration and a minimum of 3 years of recent (in last 7 years) and related experience, OR an equivalent combination of education and recent and related experience, i.e. Diploma in related discipline and 5 years of recent (in last 7 years) and related experience.
- Experience in a senior management role leading business and/or strategic planning initiatives or teams.
- Experience developing business or strategic plans and creating / delivering executive-level presentations for the purpose of decision-making.
- Experience building and managing collaborative working relationships with internal clients and external partners and agencies.
Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Experience developing a comprehensive calendar of integrated planning and performance management events including required financial and human resource commitments.
- Experience providing planning, reporting and risk management tools and processes.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying, however it may not be used for initial shortlisting purposes.
Questionnaire: YES – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete an online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements.