Management Band 2
PLUS: isolation allowance for locations that are applicable for this allowance.
Note: There are three (3) permanent, full-time vacancies (exclusion is pending for 2 of the positions),
This position is excluded from union membership.
An eligibility list may be established for future Practice Analyst positions (including permanent and/or temporary positions within the Quality Assurance Branch).
These are VIRTUAL POSITIONS that can be performed from any office of the Ministry of Children and Family Development located within the province. The locations listed above are to assist applicants in searching this opportunity by their region. The successful applicant may remain at their current location or move to another Ministry office within their geographic location, and/or the manager may consider entering into a telework agreement as an option when no other viable sites are available.
These positions support the development and implementation of the Ministry’s Quality Assurance program with particular focus on the practice audit and case review programs; although as a Practice Analyst you may also support other program areas, such as administrative reviews. With experience in the ministry as a senior practitioner, consultant or team leader, the Practice Analyst acts as subject matter expert for Quality Assurance activities across a broad spectrum of services (i.e. child protection and family services; guardianship, adoption and permanency; youth services; children and youth with special needs; child and youth mental health; and, community youth justice) to examine whether the Ministry’s mandate has been properly and credibly carried out relative to legislation, policy and standards. Your interest in assessing the services provided to children youth and families, as well as commitment to continuous learning and improvement, and ability to work independently ensure that you will find the position rewarding.
If you are looking for an opportunity to stretch your talents while contributing to service improvement and program development, we look forward to receiving your application.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Todd.Koverchuk@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. If you experience technical difficulties submitting your online profile, or for more information about how to create or update your profile, please refer to the “HOW TO APPLY” section below.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Extensive experience with the Ministry of Children and Family Development, or a Delegated Aboriginal Agency, with increasing responsibilities which reflect the depth and breadth of their experience in one or more of the following service areas: child protection and family services; guardianship, adoption and permanency; youth services; children and youth with special needs; child and youth mental health; and, youth justice.
- Bachelor or Master of Social Work; Bachelor or Master of Arts in Child and Youth Care; Master of Arts in Clinical Psychology or Master of Education/Counseling in conjunction with child welfare/family service work experience. Other relevant equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered (i.e. Bachelor’s degree in Sciences with C6 delegation, etc.).
NOTE: If your degree was obtained outside of Canada, you need to confirm it has been assessed for equivalency through the International Credential Evaluation Services (ICES). Confirmation for equivalency for your degree is required for you to be considered.
Preference may be given to applicants who have Indigenous heritage (First Nations, Metis or Inuit) with the required combination of education and experience, Preference may be given to applicants with the following:
- Child Safety experience and/or Child & Youth with Special Needs experience in the last 5 years.
- Six or more years of experience, or a Master of Social Work degree or Master of Arts in Child and Youth Care degree, as well as to those with two (2) or more years of experience as team lead, senior practitioner, or senior policy analyst, etc.
- Experience gathering and assessing qualitative information.
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and SharePoint.
- This position may be required to travel throughout the province.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
Cover Letter: YES – Outline your interest in the position, along with how your skills and experience have prepared you for the role of Practice Analyst with Quality Assurance.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
Questionnaire: YES (COMPREHENSIVE) – As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire.
IMPORTANT: Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.