Management Band 2
STEP into a career with one of BC’s Top Employers since 2009.
The Liquor Distribution Branch is one of Canada’s largest distributors and retailers of beverage alcohol. At the Liquor Distribution Branch we are driven by innovation and have a passion for the future and are looking for a dynamic professional to join our team.
Reporting to the Manager, Occupational Health & Safety the Safety Advisor is responsible for providing knowledgeable expertise to the organization and for facilitating the development and implementation of effective safety and injury prevention programs. The Safety Advisor ensures that the LDB is compliant with the Workers Compensation Act, the Occupational Health and Safety Regulations, and all other relevant legislation and organizational policies and procedures including the Collective Agreement.
To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
A criminal record check is required. An eligibility list for permanent or temporary future opportunities may be established. This position is excluded from union membership.
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Jennifer Nuttall, Director ER & OHS by phone at 1-604-252-2948. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
Only applications submitted using the BC Public Service Recruitment System on this website will be accepted.
Visit Careers at: www.bcldb.com
Education & Experience:
- Post-secondary degree, diploma, or certificate in a relevant field such as occupational health or occupational hygiene with a minimum of five years recent related experience OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience directly related to the duties of this position.
- Strong training background, including presentations to large groups and facilitation of small classes.
- Demonstrated experience in program and policy development and interpreting and applying legislation and/or policy.
- Experience working in or with large, unionized organizations is preferred.
- Professional certifications in safety are an asset.
- Significant knowledge of WSBC regulations, practices, and procedures
- Excellent working knowledge of first aid regulations and requirements
- Comprehensive knowledge of hazard identification, risk assessment, and strategies to mitigate risk
- Comprehensive knowledge of all safety issues involving office, distribution centre, and retail store work environments
- Excellent working knowledge of incident investigation practices and procedures
- Working knowledge of project management principles and practices
Skill & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to proactively build and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization
- Demonstrated ability to speak publicly in both formal and informal settings and deliver information or decisions that may be upsetting or provoke a reaction
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision and direction
- Demonstrated ability to think critically, act logically to evaluate situations, problem solve, and make decisions
- Detail oriented and an analytical thinker
- Demonstrated ability in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint)